Find your care
If you are a new patient seeking prenatal care, please call 310-794-7274. If you are an established patient and need to reach labor and delivery, call 310-825-9111 for the BirthPlace Westwood or 424-259-9250 for the BirthPlace Santa Monica.
The term "Hospital Grade Breast Pump" is a marketing tool and most personal use breast pumps will be sufficient for most parents.
The correct HCPCS code for a personal use breast pump is: E0603 Personal use pump; Issue for duration of lactation
There are three steps to obtaining your breast pump:
- Receive prescription from provider. (Order/Referral DME 251)
- Receive authorization from Health Plan (HMO/Medi-Cal patients - see below).
- Call approved durable medical equipment (DME) company to order breast pump.
Authorization for breast pump may take a few business days up to 2weeks.
HMO Patients of UCLA Health:
1. You will receive an authorization letter in myUCLAHealth account once pump is approved.
2. Check your myChart settings to receive alerts when new letters post to account.
3. Once approved, you are assigned a DME vendor for a breast pump
4. If you do not receive the authorization within a week of this order, contact our office. We can assist you.
5. Work directly with DME vendor to obtain breast pump.
1. Receive copy of a prescription for a breast pump. (Order/referral set DME 251)
2. Call your Health Plan, identify an approved DME vendor that provides breast pumps.
3. Provide the DME provider with a copy of your prescription and order your breast pump.
4. Work directly with this DME vendor.
1. Your Health Plan must authorize your breast pump.
2 Contact 424-259-8248 for additional support in accessing a breast pump.
4. The Women, Infant Children (WIC) program can also support your breastfeeding needs. Contact 888-278-6455
UCLA Health is committed to supporting your breastfeeding goals. To learn more about our lactation services, please contact us at 424-259-8250 or visit our website at https://www.uclahealth.org/medical-services/labor-delivery-birthplace