Find your care
Outpatient Appointments - New Patients
- If you have a PPO or are paying out of pocket, please call the Appointment Center at (310) 825-0867 to schedule a New Patient appointment.
If you have a HMO /Kaiser / CCS / other insurance requiring prior authorization: You should first request the insurance authorization for the visit (usually through your primary care provider) and have your medical records faxed to (310) 794-2104. Once your insurance authorization has been received, please call our Appointment Center at (310) 825-0867 to schedule a New Patient appointment.
- If you are being referred from within UCLA we do not need your medical records.
- If you are being referred from an outside facility, we ask that you request that your child's outside medical records to be faxed to (310) 794-2104. Your child can be scheduled for a New Patient appointment if you have the insurance authorization, but you should know that we will need your medical records at least 2 weeks prior to your appointment. If we do not receive medical records at least 2 weeks prior to the scheduled appointment, the appointment WILL be cancelled and you will have to reschedule.
We request that you provide ONLY records that include:
- A written referral or summary from the referring doctor's office stating why your child is being referred to our clinic
- An initial evaluation and most recent clinic visit from any doctor or specialist your child has seen since the onset of pain/symptoms
- The results from recent laboratories and imaging. We do not initially need actual films or CDs.
Outpatient Appointments - Return Visit Patients
To make a follow-up appointment with the Children's Pain & Comfort Care Program, please call our Appointment Center at (310) 825-0867.
Inpatient Pain & Comfort Care (Palliative Care) Consultations
Please ask your primary hospital team about contacting our service for a consultation.