Why choose UCLA Health for primary care?
The primary care physicians (PCPs) at UCLA Health are here for you in all stages of your life. As the point person for your health care, your PCP should always be your first point of contact. Whether you’re sick, injured or have a general health concern, you’ll receive outstanding, individualized care. We offer:
Comprehensive care: Our PCPs include doctors who are board certified in internal medicine, family medicine, pediatrics, or both internal medicine and pediatrics. This means we’re qualified to care for everyone in the family. We build strong relationships and deliver personalized, well-rounded care.
Convenience and flexibility: We make it easy to find a skilled provider close to where you live or work. Our network includes more than 50 UCLA Health primary care clinics throughout Southern California, and more than two dozen clinics that provide primary care to children. Many practices offer extended hours, virtual visits, weekend appointments and flexible scheduling. We’re committed to helping you stay healthy, even when life gets busy.
On-site services: Many of our primary care practices offer on-site imaging, blood draws and lab work, behavioral health services and pharmacy consultations. Some also have dermatology, cardiology and cardiac imaging, endocrinology and diabetes care, and other UCLA Health specialty physicians right in the same building. Having these services on-site saves you time and ensures that you have easy access to the care you need.
World-class, coordinated care: If you need specialty treatments, you’ll have access to the full resources and support of the renowned UCLA Health network. Your primary care physician will make referrals and oversee and coordinate your care with other specialists and programs. You and your family will receive exceptional, seamless care.
Our areas of care
Our primary care physicians deliver comprehensive care to you and your family. We offer everything from routine screenings and disease prevention to coordinated treatments for a wide range of health conditions. Our goal is to help you feel good and stay healthy.
- Behavioral health services
- Coordination of care for patients with chronic medical conditions and multiple specialist physicians
- Geriatric care
- Newborn care
- Palliative care
- Preventive care, including immunizations and routine screenings for cancer and other diseases
- Same-day sick appointments
- Travel medicine, including immunizations
- Well care for children and adults
- Well-woman care
Services we offer
Your primary care physician will want to see you for your annual physical and whenever you are sick or injured. They’ll get to know your medical history and personal risk factors and work with you to make positive lifestyle changes that support your long-term health.
Also called a general practitioner, your PCP:
- Coordinates your care and acts as the leader of your health care team
- Helps you manage chronic medical conditions, such as hypertension and diabetes
- Learns your values and preferences to help with shared decision making
- Manages your medications, adjusts dosages and orders refills
- Recommends preventive health screenings, vaccines and routine tests for cancer and other diseases
- Refers you to specialists as needed
- Treats common and acute medical conditions
Conditions we treat
Our board-certified primary care doctors have extensive knowledge and expertise in the full spectrum of health conditions. We work with you and your family to prevent illness, detect health problems early and deliver effective treatments.
- We are your trusted partner in improved health and well-being. Some of the conditions we manage and treat include:
- Accidents and injuries, including minor burns, bug bites, cuts, sprains and strains
- Behavioral health concerns, including anxiety and depression
- Chronic conditions such as diabetes, anemia, allergies, asthma and high blood pressure
- Illness such as ear infections, rashes and gastrointestinal problems
- Viruses, including flu and coronavirus (COVID-19)
Meet our team
Our board-certified doctors provide outstanding primary care for the whole family. We want you to find the perfect match among our team of experts. Use our Find a Provider tool to find a primary care physician based on your zip code, language and area of focus.
Call 310-825-2631 to speak to a physician referral representative. We can help find the right primary care physician for you.