Find your care
Information for Speech Pathology Services
You will need a prescription to initiate services. We will not be able to see you if we do not have this prescription. You may have your doctor send the Rx to us in one of the following ways:
- Fax a prescription to 310-206-2331
- Mail a prescription to the following address:
Speech Pathology Clinic
200 UCLA Medical Plaza, Suite 560
Los Angeles, CA 90095-6955
As a patient, you are responsible for making sure that your services are covered at the UCLA Speech Pathology Clinic by your insurance company. This is very important because you will be financially responsible if your insurer does not pay for the provided services. Please learn the limits of your benefits (e.g., some insurers exclude certain diagnoses or limit the number of visits you may have in a calendar year). Following is information on different types of insurance. Please have your insurance card available when calling for the appointment, as well as when you come in for your office visit.
Health insurance and type of payment accepted:
- PPO or POS: If you have a PPO or POS option with your insurance, you may call us directly for an appointment.
- HMO: If you have an HMO, you will need authorization specifically for the UCLA Speech Pathology Clinic prior to making an appointment. This can be obtained from your primary care physician.
- Medicare: If you have Medicare insurance, you may call us directly for an appointment.
- MediCal: If you have MediCal insurance, you may call us directly for an appointment.
- Children with CCS: Children with CCS insurance need to have an authorization from CCS specifically for the UCLA Speech Pathology Clinic prior to making an appointment.
- Self-Pay: Payments may also be made using credit cards, checks or cash.
If you have any questions, please call us at 310-825-8551.
This practice is proud to offer myUCLAhealth
myUCLAhealth offers patients personalized and secure on-line access to portions of their health information. It enables you to securely use the Internet to help manage and receive information about your health.
Ask about registration for myUCLAhealth during your next office visit. Visit myUCLAhealth FAQ page for answers »
Disorders, Assessments and Treatments
Here are links to organizations and businesses that have useful information and/or products for our patients. We hope you may find some of these sites useful.
Speech Pathology Links
- Laryngectomee Clubs in California
- InHealth Technologies - A company that makes supplies for laryngectomees, especially related to tracheoesophageal punctures
- Atos Direct - A company that makes supplies for laryngectomees, especially related to tracheoesophageal punctures
- CancerCare - An organization that provides free counseling and educational workshops, as well as help to obtain funds for disease-related costs
- Passy-Muir - A company that make speaking tracheostomy valves
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association - Patients may find useful resources at this website, including educational information and the names of speech pathology clinics and speech pathologists who work in various geographical areas.
- National Institute of Neurologic Disorders and Stroke
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders
- Apraxia-KIDS - An information source on developmental speech apraxia
- National Aphasia Association
- SPOHNC - Support for people with oral and head and neck cancer
- Medicare Supplier Standards
Note: The links above are not UCLA sites and are only provided here for your convenience.