APPLICATION FOR THE 2021-2022
MEDPEP MCAT MINI-ACADEMY
The MEDPEP MCAT® Mini-Academy is a series of workshops from September through June, led by pre-health students who already have taken the MCAT® test.
This year, the goal of the program is to create a space to strengthen MEDPEP AND CCM current members and Alumni test taking abilities, provide peer and health professional mentorship and increase awareness of MCAT® resources.
Questions? Email: [email protected]
- Commitment to taking the MCAT® within the 2021-2022 academic year (September 2022 test date is okay)
- Must be a MEDPEP or CCM current member or Alumni
- Must take part in a 20-30 minute interview
- Must take the Kaplan Practice Test
- Attend and participate in ALL mini-academy workshops for the full length of the sessions, unless excused
- Take the MCAT® in 2021-2022 Cycle
- Purchase AAMC MCAT® Bundle or have access to it via the Fee Assistance Program
- Commitment to taking the MCAT® within the 2021-2022 academic year (September 2022 test date is okay)a
The MEDPEP MCAT® Mini-Academy is a series of workshops led by pre-health students who already have taken the MCAT® test. The program provides opportunities for economically and educationally disadvantaged minority students to strengthen their test-taking abilities. It also provides peer and health professional mentoring, resources, and guidance in the medical school application process.
The workshops are organized as follows:
1st Half: Focus on high-yield MCAT® content using the latest AAMC test preparation materials, on study skills, on time management techniques, on relieving test anxiety, and on improving reading comprehension
2nd Half: Focus on four full-length MCAT® practice tests and a full review held a week after each practice test.
The workshop series is not intended to replace self-study time or preparation courses. We aim to complement study techniques and simulate the test environment, so that students feel more confident on their individual, actual test day.
The Medical College Admission Test® ("MCAT®") is a registered trademark of the Association of American Medical Colleges ("AAMC"). The Medical College Admission Test® ("MCAT®") and the Association of American Medical Colleges ("AAMC") are not affiliated with UCLA Health, Center for the Study of Latino Health and Culture ("CESLAC"), any of its programs, initiatives, or MEDPEP in any way.