Dr. Guerrero is an Associate Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UCLA. She received her medical degree and completed her residency training at the UCLA School of Medicine. Dr. Guerrero practices general pediatrics at the Venice Family Clinic and works with vulnerable populations who have high unmet medical and psychosocial needs. Dr. Guerrero also sees patients at UCLA's Pediatric Fit for Healthy Weight Program. Dr. Guerrero's research interests include Latino children's health, racial and ethnic health disparities, community-based interventions, and working with parents of young children to support healthy weight and developmental trajectories.
Medical Board Certification
Areas of Focus
- Latino Children's Health
- Childhood Obesity
- Child Development
- Guerrero, AD, Jie, C., Inkelas, M., Rodriguez, H., Ortega, A. (2010) Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Pediatric Experiences of Family Centered Care. Medical Care 48(40):388-93.PMC:No federal funds for this study.
- Guerrero AD, Barreto P., Slusser W., Rosales N. and Kuo, AA. (2010). Latina Mothers’ Perceptions of Healthcare Professional Weight Assessments of Preschool-Aged Children. Matern Child Health. Sept 24. PMC: No federal funds for this study.
- Guerrero, AD, Garro N., Inkelas, M., Kuo, A. (2010) An update on assessing development in the pediatric office: has anything changed after two policy statements? Academic Pediatrics 10(6)400-4. PMC: No federal funds for this study.
- Guerrero, AD, Rodriguez M., Flores, G. (2011) Disparities in Provider Elicitation of Parental Developmental Concerns in US Children Pediatrics; 128(5)901-9. PMC: No federal funds for this study.
- Guerrero AD, Chu L, Kim A, Fuller B, Bridges M, Franke T, Kuo AA. (2012) How Mexican-American Preschoolers Fall Behind in Cognitive but Not Social Development. Maternal and Child Health Nov 13
- Guerrero AD, Whaley S, Inkelas M, Kuo AA. (2013) A WIC-Based Curriculum to Enhance Parent Communication with Healthcare Providers. J of Community Health; 38(5)958-64.
- Tovar A, Renzaho AM, Guerrero AD, Mena N, Ayala GX (2014) A Systematic Review of Obesity Prevention Intervention Studies among Immigrant Populations in the US. Current Obesity Reports Volume 3
- Guerrero AD, Mao C, Fuller B, Bridges M, Franke T, Kuo AA. (2015) Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Early Childhood Obesity: Growth Trajectories in Body Mass Index. Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities. May 2015. http://dx.doi.org/ 10.1007/s40615-015-0122-y
- Guerrero AD, Ponce N, Chung PJ. (2015) Obesogenic dietary practices of Asian and Latino Ethnic Subgroups of California Children: An Analysis of the California Health Interview Survey, 2007-2012. Am J Public Health.105(8):e105-12. doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2015.302618. Epub 2015 Jun 11.