Dr. Brandon Ito, MD, MPH completed his undergraduate degree in Human Development with minor studies in Psychology and Healthcare & Social Issues from the University of California, San Diego. He completed his medical training at the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine and a member of the Gold Humanism Honor Society. During his medical training, he completed a masters degree in public health (MPH) at the Harvard University School of Public Health, with a concentration in family and community health.
Dr. Ito completed his adult psychiatry training at the University of California, San Francisco and completed specialized training in LGBT mental health and was a Global Health Clinical Scholar. Dr. Ito completed his fellowship in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry at New York University and Bellevue Hospital, where he served as Chief Fellow.
Dr. Ito is interested in medical education and teaching, global mental health, LGBTQ+ mental health, and reducing health care disparities in vulnerable populations.
300 UCLA Medical Plaza
Los Angeles, California 90095
Medical Board Certifications
- Janssen A, Ito BS (2018). Gender Dysphoria and Psychotic Spectrum Disorders. In Janssen A, Liebowitz S (Ed), Affirmative Mental Health Care for Transgender and Gender Diverse Youth: A Clinical Guide (pp 181-188). Cham, Switzerland: Springer International Publishing.
- Ito BS (2018). DACA, DREAMers & Mental Health. The Southern California Society of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Newsletter. Available at http://www.scscap.org/assets/scscap-newsletter-2018.pdf.
- Betancourt TS, Abdi S, Ito BS, Lilienthal GM, Agalab N, Ellis H (2015). We Left One War and Came to Another: Resource Loss, Acculturative Stress, and Caregiver-Child Relationships in Somali Refugee Families. Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology, 21(1): 114-125.
- Super Doctors® Southern California Rising Stars 2021
- Super Doctors® Southern California Rising Stars 2020
- Gold Humanism Honor Society