Dr. Daniel Kupsky is a cardiologist who practices in Burbank. He has expertise and special training in advanced echocardiography, cardiac CT and cardiac MRI, and is board certified in cardiovascular diseases, echocardiography, nuclear cardiology and internal medicine.
Dr. Kupsky received his medical degree from the University of Texas Medical School at Houston. He completed his internship and residency at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, and his cardiology training at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. He then completed a sub fellowship in advanced cardiac imaging at University of California San Diego.
In addition to his clinical work, Dr. Kupsky has published research in peer reviewed journals on the topics of cardiac tumors, social inequalities in cardiovascular medicine, left atrial appendage exclusion planning, and stress testing as it relates to heart failure.
Dr. Kupsky grew up in suburban Houston and lived in Georgia, Minnesota and Michigan before settling in sunny California. When he’s not working, Dr. Kupsky enjoys participating in outdoor activities and spending time with his family.
Medical Board Certifications
- Cowling R, Kupsky DF, Kahn AM, Daniel LB, Greenberg BH. Mechanisms of collagen deposition in experimental models and human disease. Translation Research. Vol 209, 2019, pp 138-155.
- Kupsky DF, Dee Dee Wang, Marvin Eng, Neil Gheewala, Asaad Nakhle, Fawaz Georgie, Rajan Shah, Janet Wyman, Meredith Mahan, Adam Greenbaum & William W. O'Neill (2019) Socioeconomic Disparities in Access for Watchman Device Insertion in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation and at Elevated Risk of Bleeding, Structural Heart, 3:2, 144-149
- Kupsky DF, Ananthasubramaniam K, Lee J. 82-year-old-man with a systolic murmur. Heart. 2018 Nov;104(22):1887-1890.
- Kupsky DF, Koenig G, Modi S. Coronary-Cameral Fistula: Preliminary Diagnosis by Color and Continuous Wave Doppler Echocardiography. Canadian Journal of Cardiology 2018, Volume 34, Issue 5 pp 690.e9-690.e10 .
- Eng M, Wang DD, Greenbaum A, Gheewala N, Kupsky DF, Tongwa A, Song T, Kendall BJ, Wyman J, Meyers E, Forbes M, O'Neill W. PROspective, Randomized Comparison of 3-Dimensional Computed Tomography Guidance versus TEE data for Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion (PRO3DLAAO). Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2018 Aug 1;92(2):401-407.
- Kupsky DF, Lahiri MK, Schuger CD. An Unusual ECG Deflection: Fact or Artifact? Journal of Electrocardiology, 2017, Vol 51, issue 1 pp 135-137.
- Kupsky DF, Ahmed A, Sakr S, Qureshi W, Brawner CA, Blaha MJ, Ehrman JK, Keteyian SJ, Al-Mallah MH. Cardiorespiratory Fitness and Incident Heart Failure. The FIT (Henry Ford Excersie Testing) Project. American Heart Journal, 2017 Mar, 185:35-42.
- Wang D, Eng M, Kupsky DF, Myers E, Forbes M, Rahman M, Zaidan M, Parikh S, Wyman J, Pantelic M, Song T, Nadig J, Karabon P, Greenbaum A, O'Neill W. Application of 3D CT image guidance to WATCHMAN™ implantation and impact on early operator learning curve: single center experience. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2016 Nov 28;9 (22):2329-2340.
- Kupsky DF, Alaswad K, Rabbani BT. A Rare Case of Aspergillus Pericarditis with Associated Myocardial Abscess and Echocardiographic Response to Therapy. Echocardiography. July 2016. Vol 33 issue 7, pp 1085-1088
- Kupsky DF, Newman DB, Kumar G, Maleszewski JJ, Edwards WD, Klarich KW. Echocardiographic Features of Cardiac Angiosarcomas: The Mayo Clinic Experience (1976–2013). Echocardiography. Vol 33 issue 2, February 2016 pp186-192.