Derjung Mimi Tarn, MD, PhD is Professor of Family Medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. Dr. Tarn earned B.S. and M.S. degrees in Biological Sciences from Stanford University, an M.D. from New York Medical College, and a Ph.D. in Health Services from UCLA. She also completed advanced research training through the National Research Service Award (NRSA) Primary Care Research and UCLA Specialty Training and Advanced Research (STAR) fellowships at UCLA.
Medical Board Certification
- Physician-Patient Communication
- Prescription Medications
- Preventive health care
- Mixed Methods Research
- Qualitative Research
- 2020. PhRMA Foundation Value Assessment Challenge Award
- 2015. Distinguished paper presentation on: "Provider recommendations in the face of scientific uncertainty: an analysis of audio recorded conversations about vitamin D." Society of Teachers in Family Medicine Annual Spring Meeting.
- 2013. Fellow, American Academy of Family Practice
- 2010 California Academy of Family Physicians Researcher of the Year
- 2009 Fellow, NIH OBSSR Summer Institute on the Design and Conduct of Randomized Clinical Trials Involving Behavioral Interventions
- 2008 Society of Teachers in Family Medicine Best Paper Award Honorable Mention