Dr. James Lee is originally from New York where he attended Cornell University and earned a bachelor's of science in applied economics, business management, and marketing. He then earned a medical degree from Loma Linda University followed by an internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation. He then pursued a fellowship in Cardiovascular Medicine at the UCLA San Fernando Valley Program where he served as the Chief Cardiology Fellow for the VA Greater LA Healthcare System and Olive View Medical Center. He also completed an Interventional Cardiology Fellowship at the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York.
Dr. Lee is an Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine at UCLA and the Associate Regional Director and Co-Lead for the Quality and Teaching Committee of Interventional Cardiology at UCLA. He serves on the UCLA Department of Medicine Quality Committee as a Peer Physician Coach. He also is the Medical Director of the Cardiology Division, Cardiac Cath Lab, STEMI program, and Cardiac Rehab Program at Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital.
Dr. Lee is certified by the National Board of Medical Examiners, the American Board of Internal Medicine, the Subspecialty Board of Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology. He is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and of the Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions.
Dr. Lee specializes in the management of coronary artery disease through complex coronary interventions and lifestyle modification. He also has special interests in diet and weight loss optimization. He is committed to excellence in comprehensive health care through understanding patient's health care needs and goals with implementation of state-of-the-art techniques and compassionate care.
Medical Board Certifications
In the News
- What started as chest pain for a high school teacher evolved into heart and kidney transplants (Source: UCLA News & Insights)
- A Glistening Example of Hope (Source: The Signal News, 2024)
- Leaders in Heart Health (Source: Santa Clarita Valley Business Journal)
- Ultimate Medical Award - Cardiologist - Santa Clarita Elite Magazine 2023 (Source: Santa Clarita Elite Magazine)
- Out of Bounds - The Damar Hamlin Injury And Aftermath (Source: YouTube - KHTS Radio Interview 2023)
- Henry Mayo Celebrates Heart Attack Response: "We Don't Walk - We Run" (Source: The Signal News, 2021)
- Henry Mayo Cuts Down Heart Attack Response Time by 15 Minutes: "We Never Really Stop" (Source: KHTS Radio, 2021)
- Covid-19 and Heart Health - What We Know - It's Your Health Podcast (Source: Henry Mayo Doctor Podcasting)
- Treating Heart Attacks - Time is Muscle - It's Your Health Podcast (Source: Henry Mayo Doctor Podcasting)
- Santa Carita Elite Magazine Ultimate Cardiologist, 2023
- Super Doctors® Southern California, 2017-2023
- Super Doctors® Southern California Rising Stars, 2013-2015
- Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
- Mount Sinai Hospital Interventional Cardiology Fellow of the Year, 2009
- MacKenzie Foundation Medical Scholarship, 2002
- Walter E. Macpherson Society Research Scholarship and Scientific Research Award, 2000