- Professor of Clinical Head & Neck Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- Attending Surgeon, Division of Head & Neck Surgery, Veterans Affairs (VA) of Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System
- Surgeon for Operation Mend
Dr. Suh received his medical degree from the UCLA School of Medicine in 2003, and subsequently completed his residency in Otolaryngology at UCLA. Following his residency training, Dr. Suh completed a fellowship in rhinology and skull base surgery at the University of Pennsylvania.
Dr. Suh is fellowship trained in complex sinus and endoscopic cranial base surgery and has authored over 140 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters in the fields of sinus disease and head and neck surgery. He is the co-editor of recently published textbook, Sinonasal Tumors. He lectures both nationally and internationally on the subjects of endoscopic management of sinus and skull base tumors and novel treatments for recalcitrant sinusitis.
Dr. Suh is committed to providing only the highest quality patient care and focuses on revision and complex sinus surgery as well as state of the art endoscopic management of sinus and cranial base lesions including tumors, cerebrospinal fluid(CSF) leaks, and encephaloceles.
- American Rhinologic Society (ARS)
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery (AAOHNS)
- North American Skull Base Society (NASBS)
- The Pacific Coast Oto-Ophthalmological Society (PCOOS)
Medical Board Certification
- Top Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2021
- Top Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2018
- Chief Resident of the Year - UCLA Head and Neck Surgery See More
- Minimally Invasive Approaches to Sinus and Skull Base Tumors
- Targeted Therapy for Sinonasal Inverted Papilloma
- Functional Outcomes in Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
- Etiology and Management of CSF Rhinorrhea
- Topical Medications for Sinusitis
- Novel Therapeutics for Recalcitrant Chronic Rhinosinusitis
- Mucosal Biofilms
Treatment of Chronic Sinusitis
- Thompson CF, DeConde AS, Chiu AG, Lee JM, Suh JD. Mini-nasoseptal flap for recalcitrant sphenoid sinusitis. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2013 Mar-Apr;27(2):144-7.
- Suh JD, Wu AW, Taw MB, Nguyen C, Wang MB. Treatment of recalcitrant chronic rhinosinusitis with integrative East-west medicine: a pilot study. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012 Mar;138(3):294-300.
- Suh JD, Kennedy DW. Treatment options for chronic rhinosinusitis. Proc Am Thorac Soc. 2011 Mar;8(1):132-40.
- Suh JD, Ramakrishnan V, Chiu AG. The role of topical therapies in the treatment of chronic rhinosinusitis. Braz J Otorhinolaryngol. 2011 Dec;77(6):680-681.
- Suh JD, Ramakrishnan VR, Tajudeen B, Reger C, Kennedy DW, Chiu AG. Identification and treatment of nontuberculous Mycobacterium sinusitis. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2011 Nov-Dec;25(6):421-4.
- Suh JD, Ramakrishnan V, Palmer JN. Biofilms. OtolaryngolClin North Am. 2010 Jun;43(3):521-30.
- Suh JD, Cohen NA, Palmer JN. Biofilms in chronic rhinosinusitis. CurrOpinOtolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2010 Feb;18(1):27-31.
- Suh JD, Ramakrishnan VR, DeConde AS. Nasal floor free mucosal graft for skull base reconstruction and cerebrospinal fluid leak repair.Ann OtolRhinolLaryngol. 2012 Feb;121(2):91-5.
- Ramakrishnan VR, Suh JD, Kennedy DW. Ethmoid skull-base height: a clinically relevant method of evaluation. International Forum of Allergy & Rhinology 2011, 1: 396û400.
- Ramakrishnan VR, Suh JD, Chiu AG, Palmer JN. Septal dislocation for endoscopic access of the anterolateral maxillary sinus and infratemporal fossa. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2011 Mar;25(2):128-30.
- Ramakrishnan VR, Suh JD, Chiu AG, Palmer JN. Addition of a minimally invasive medial orbital approach in the endoscopic management of advanced sino-orbital disease: Cadaver study with clinical correlations. Laryngoscope. 2011 Jan 13.
- Ramakrishnan VR, Suh JD. How necessary are postoperative debridements after endoscopic sinus surgery? Laryngoscope. 2011 Jan;121(1):8-9.
- Suh JD, Ramakrishnan VR, Thompson CF, et al. Inverted Papilloma of the Sphenoid Sinus: Risk Factors for Disease Recurrence. (In Press, Laryngoscope 2014).
- Suh JD, Chiu AG. What are the surveillance recommendations following resection of sinonasal inverted papilloma? Laryngoscope. 2014 Mar 1.
- Suh JD, Palma-Diaz, Bhuta S, Wang MB. COX-2 overexpression in sinonasal inverted papilloma. Int Forum Rhinol. 2013 Sep 16.
- Vorasubin N, Vira D, Suh JD, Bhuta S, Wang MB. Schneiderian papillomas: Comparative review of exophytic, oncocytic, and inverted types. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2013 Jul;27(4):287-92.
- Thompson CF, Bhuta S, Bergneider M, Suh JD. Endoscopic craniofacial resection for pediatric esthesioneuroblastoma, International Journal of Pediatric Otohinolaryngology Extra, Volume 7, Issue 4, December 2013, Pages 203-206, ISSN 1871-4048, 10.1016/j.pedex.2012. 10.003.
- Wu AW, Suh JD, Metson R, Wang MB. Prognostic factors in sinonasal sarcomas: analysis of the surveillance, epidemiology and end result database. Laryngoscope. 2012 Oct;122(10):2137-42.
- Suh JD, Ramakrishnan VR, Zhang PJ. Diagnosis and Endoscopic Management of Sinonasal Schwannomas. ORL J OtorhinolaryngolRelat Spec. 2011 Oct 5;73(6):308-312.
- Suh JD, Kennedy DW, Ramakrishnan VR, et al. Sphenoid Sinus Inverted Papilloma: Surgical Management and Risk Factors for Disease Recurrence. (Presented at the American Rhinologic Society Meeting, 2010).
- Suh JD, Sercarz JA, Abemayor E, Calcaterra TC, Rawnsley JD, Alam D, Blackwell KE. Analysis of outcome and complications in 400 cases of microvascular head and neck reconstruction. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2004 Aug;130(8):962-6.
Skull Base Surgery:
- Suh JD, Ramakrishnan VR, Chi JJ, Palmer JN, Chiu AG. Outcomes and complications of endoscopic approaches for malignancies of the paranasal sinuses and anterior skull base. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2013 Jan; 122(1):54-9.
- Tajudeen BA, Arshi A, Suh JD, St John M, Wang MB. Importance of Tumor Grade in Esthesioneuroblastoma Survival: A Population-Based Analysis. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2014 Oct 30.
- Miller C, Suh JD, Henriquez OA, Schlosser RJ, Ramakrishnan VR, Chiu AG. Prognosis for sixth never palsy arising from pasanasal sinus disease. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2013 Sep;27(5):432-5.
- DeConde AS, Vira D, Thompson CF, Wang MB, Bergsneider M, Suh JD. Radiologic Assessment of the Paranasal Sinuses after Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery. J Neurol Surg B Skull Base. 2013 Dec;74(6):351-7.
- Bergsneider M, Xue K, Suh JD, Wang MB. Barrier-Limited Multimodality Closure for Reconstruction of Wide Sellar Openings. Neurosurgery. 2011 Nov 16.
- Thompson CF, Wang MB, Kim BJ, Bergsneider M, Suh JD. Incidence and Management of Epistaxis after Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery. ORL J OtorhinolaryngolRelat Spec. 2012 Dec 20;74(6):315-319.
- Ramakrishnan VR, Suh JD, Chiu, AG, and Palmer JN. Reliability of preoperative assessment of cerebrospinal fluid pressure in the management of spontaneous cerebrospinal fluid leaks and encephaloceles. International Forum of Allergy & Rhinology, 1: 201û205. 2011.
- Suh JD, Ramakrishnan V, Lee JY, Chiu AG.Bilateral silent sinus syndrome. Ear Nose Throat J. 2012 Dec;91(12):E19-21.
- Cho JH,Suh JD, Kim JK, et al. Correlation between Skin Prick Testing, Individual specific IgE tests, and a Multi-allergen IgE Assay for Allergy Detection in Patients with Chronic Rhinitis. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2014 Sep-Oct;28(5):388-91.
Selected Book Chapters
- Jeffrey D. Suh MD, and James N. Palmer MD. Medical Management of Sinusitis Editor: Nicolai, P. Text: International Rhinology and Skull Base Surgery
- Jeffrey D. Suh MD and Alexander Chiu, MD. Acute and Chronic Sinusitis. Editor: Anil Lalwani, MD. Text: Current Diagnosis and Treatment - Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- Jeffrey D. Suh MD, Vijay Ramakrishnan MD, Alexander Chiu, MD. Endoscopic Craniofacial Resection. Editor: Palmer J, A Chiu. Text: Atlas of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
- Jeffrey D. Suh MDand Alexander Chiu, MD. Sphenopalatine derived pedicle flaps. Editor: Ben Bleier, MD. Text: Skull Base Reconstruction
- Sinonasal Tumors. Editors: Chiu, Suh, Ramakrishnan. Jaypee Publishers, Published November 2011.
- Top Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2021
- Top Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2018
- Chief Resident of the Year - UCLA Head and Neck Surgery
- Southern California Super Doctors® - Rising Star 2013, 2014, 2015
- Top 10 Doctor (Vitals.com)