Dr. KimNgan Nguyen is a primary care physician who practices in Palos Verdes. She is board certified in Family Medicine. Her clinical interests include women's health, various primary care procedures, preventive care, health maintenance, managing chronic diseases, teaching medical students and residents, and conducting quality improvement projects.
Dr. Nguyen was born in Vietnam and moved to California at age 5. She grew up in Orange County for most of her childhood. She then went to UCLA for her undergraduate studies in Biochemistry. She felt at home at UCLA, leading her to continue to pursue her career here at UCLA. She received her medical degree and Master of Public Health at UCLA. She then completed her Family Medicine residency at UCLA.
When Dr. Nguyen is not seeing patients or working, she spends her time hiking with her husband, cooking/trying new food, traveling, or spending time with her family, friends, and cats.
Medical Board Certification
Areas of Focus
Social Determinants of Health, Food Insecurity, Women's Health, Work Place Efficiency
- Deshpande OA, Tawfik JA, Namavar AA, Nguyen KP, Vangala SS, Romero T, Parikh NN, Dowling EP. A Prospective Observational Study Assessing the Impacts of Health Literacy and Psychosocial Determinants of Health on 30-day Readmission Risk. Sage Journals. 16 Feb 2022; https://doi.org/10.1177/23743735221079140.
- Miller WD, Nguyen K, Vangala S, Dowling E. Clinician Can Independently Predict 30-Day Hospital Readmissions as Well as the LACE Index. BMC Health Services Research. 22 Jan 2018; https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-018-2833-3.
- Stockman J, Nguyen K. Perioperative Pain Management: What Can We Offer Beyond Opioids? A Review of the Literature of Analgesic Alternatives. JUDAPM. 2015; 1: 31-38.
- Koh W, Nguyen KP, Jahr JS. Intravenous non-opioid analgesia for peri- and postoperative pain management: a scientific review of intravenous acetaminophen and ibuprofen. Korean J Anesthesiol. Feb 2015; 68(1): 3-12.
- Partownavid P, Romito BT, Ching W, Berry AA, Barkulis CT, Nguyen KP, Jahr JS. Sugammadex: A Comprehensive Review of the Published Human Science Including Renal Studies. Am J Ther. 8 Oct 2014.
- Residency Teaching Award, Family Medicine Residency, UCLA 2022
- Medical and Graduate Preceptorship Award, Rheumatology Research Foundation 2018
- Health Policy and Management Scholar Award, Fielding School of Public Health, UCLA, 2017
- Internal Medicine Chief's Fellowship, 2015