Li Zhou, MD
Dr. Li Zhou is a hospitalist who practices at Providence St John's. He is board certified in internal medicine with a focus on quality improvement, patient safety, and medical wellness.
Dr. Zhou received his medical degree from Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, and completed his internal medicine residency at Washington University in St Louis. He was named Chief Resident of Quality Improvement and Patient Safety at the St Louis VA and Washington University in St Louis. During his residency, he received the National ACP Resident Research Award for the development of a novel prognostic score for patients with Graft-vs-Host Disease. He has served as a medical/research consultant and for the telehealth company Epharmix. Dr. Zhou moved to Los Angeles in 2018 and began his career as a hospitalist at UCLA.
When not in the office, Dr. Zhou enjoys playing tennis and teaching medical students at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
Medical Board Certification
1. Peters R, Lui M, Patel K, Tian L, Javaherian K, Sink E, Xu R, Xu Z, Aung W, Zhou L, Huynh J, Polites G, Blanchard M, Som A, Ross W, Bernal-Mizrachi C. Improving Glycemic Control With a Standardized Text-Message and Phone-Based intervention: A Community Implementation. Journal of Medical Internet Research 2017, June 16.
2. Chen A, Loiselle A, Zhou L, Baty J, Misselhorn D. Localization of peripheral pulmonary lesions using CT-anatomic correlation and radial probe endobronchial ultrasound confirmation. Annals of the American Thoracic Society 2016 July 7; 27388116
3. Chou C, Zhou L*. Blanchard M. Invasive vagal nerve stimulation causes delayed autonomic dysregulation: a case report. International Journal of Cardiology 2015 Dec 15; 206:19-20 (*corresponding author)
4. Das-Gupta E, Greinix H, Jacobs R, Zhou L, Savani BN, Engelhardt BG, Kassim A, Worel N, Knobler R, Russell N, Jagasia M. Extracorporeal Photopheresis as Second-line Treatment for Acute Graft-Versus-Host Disease: Impact on Six Month Freedom from Treatment Failure. Haematologica 2014 Nov; 99(11): 1746–1752
5. Hao J, Ao A, Zhou L, Murphy CK, Frist A, Keel JJ, Thorne CA, Kim K, Le E, Hong CC. Selective Small Molecule Targeting β-Catenin Function Discovered by In Vivo Chemical Genetic Screen Cell Reports 2013 Sep 12;4(5):898-904
6. Sheng, Calvin. Zhou, L. Hao, Jijun. Current stem cell delivery methods for myocardial repair. Biomedical Research International. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013: 547902
7. Hao J*, Zhou L*, Hong CC. Chemical biology of pluripotent stem cells: focus on cardiomyogenesis. Book Embryonic Stem Cells - Recent Advances in Pluripotent Stem Cell-Based Regenerative Medicine, Prof. Craig Atwood (Ed.), ISBN: 9789533071985, InTech, DOI: 10.5772/16216. (*contributed equally to this work)
8. Passarella rj, van der Ende A, Spratt D, Wu H, Phillips JG, Zhou L, Hallahan DE, Harth E, and Diaz R (2010). Targeted Nanoparticles that Deliver a Sustained, Specific Release of Paclitaxel to Irradiated Tumors. Cancer Res. 2010 Jun 1; 70(11): 4550–4559.
9. Diaz R, Zhou L, and Hallahan DE. Ionizing Radiation for Tumor Targeted Drug Delivery. Book - Targeted Delivery of Small and Macromolecular Drugs. Narang, Ajit S, ISBN 9781420087727, CRC Press/Taylor & Francis
10. Passarella RJ*, Zhou L*, Phillips JG, Wu HM, Hallahan DE, Diaz R. Recombinant Peptides as Biomarkers for Molecular Targeted Therapy. Clin Cancer Res. 2009 Oct; 15(20):6421-9 (*contributed equally to this work)
- 1st place ACP National Resident Research Award
- 1st place ACP Regional Resident Research Award
- Diplôme Français Médical, Certified by French Chamber of Commerce for Medical French
- Regional Finalist for Young Epidemiology Scholars (YES) Competition