Marina Dutra-Clarke is a genetic counselor board certified by the American Board of Genetic Counseling and licensed in California. She received her Master’s degree in genetic counseling at the University of California, Irvine and received her bachelor’s degree in biological sciences from Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. Before attending graduate school, she worked in the Breunig Laboratory at Cedars-Sinai where she investigated the molecular mechanisms of neural development and brain tumorigenesis as well as the development of novel glioma models in mice. Her role at UCLA has a focus on 22q11.2 deletion syndrome and general pediatrics.
Medical Board Certification
- Efthymiou S, Dutra-Clarke M, Maroofian R, Kaiyrzhanov R, Scala M, Reza Alvi J, …Russell BE, Houlden H. Expanding the phenotype of PIGS-associated early onset epileptic developmental encephalopathy. Epilepsia. 2021. S.E., and M.D.-C. contributed equally to this work.
- Hüffmeier U, Kraus C, Reuter MS, et al. EIF3F-related neurodevelopmental disorder: refining the phenotypic and expanding the molecular spectrum. Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases. 2021.
- Dutra-Clarke M, Tapia D, Curtin E, Rünger D, Lee GK, Lakatos A, Alandy-Dy Z, Freedkin L, Hall K, Ercelen N, Alandy-Dy J, Knight M, Pahl M, Lombardo D, Kimonis V. Variable clinical features of patients with Fabry disease and outcome of enzyme replacement therapy. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism Reports. 2020.
- Kim GB, Rincon Fernandez Pacheco D, Saxon D, Yang A, Sabet S, Dutra-Clarke M, Levy R, … Breunig JJ. Rapid Generation of Somatic Mouse Mosaics with Locus-Specific, Stably Integrated Transgenic Elements. Cell. 2019.
- Husain M, Dutra-Clarke M, Lemieux B Wencel M, Solomon B, Kimonis V. Phenotypic diversity of patients diagnosed with VACTERL association. American Journal of Medical Genetics. 2018.
- Hoang-Minh LB, Dutra-Clarke M, Breunig JJ, Sarkisian MR. Glioma Cell Proliferation is Enhanced in the Presence of Tumor-derived Cilia Vesicles. Cilia. 2018.
- Xu L1, Chen Y1, Dutra-Clarke M1, Mayakonda, A., Hazawa, M., Savinoff, S. E., … Koeffler, H. P. BCL6 promotes glioma and serves as a therapeutic target. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 2017. 1L.X., Y.C., and M.D.-C. contributed equally to this work.
- Breunig JJ, Levy R, Antonuk CD, Molina J, Dutra-Clarke M, Park H, Akhtar AA, Kim GB, Hu X, Bannykh SI, Verhaak RG, Danielpour M. Ets Factors Regulate Neural Stem Cell Depletion and Gliogenesis in Ras Pathway Glioma. Cell Reports. 2016.
- Akhtar AA, Molina J, Dutra-Clarke M, Kim GB, Levy R, Schreiber-Stainthorp W, Danielpour M, Breunig JJ. A Transposon-Mediated System for Flexible Control of Transgene Expression in Stem and Progenitor-Derived Lineages. Stem Cell Reports. 2015.