Dr. Levine completed his emergency medicine residency at the Harvard-Affiliated Emergency Medicine Residency, based out of Brigham and Women's and Massachusetts General Hospital. Upon completion of his residency, he completed his medical toxicology fellowship at Banner University Medical Center in Phoenix, AZ.
Dr. Levine currently is currently seeing inpatients at both Westwood and Santa Monica, and seeing outpatients in Westwood.
Dr. Levine is a fellow of both the American College of Medical Toxicology and the American College of Emergency Physicians. He is a member of the Toxicology Investigator's Consortium (ToxIC), a consortium of toxicologists through the American College of Medical Toxicology.
Medical Board Certifications
- Levine M, Jontz A, Dabrowski P, et. al. Prevalence of marijuana use among trauma patients before and after legalization of medical marijuana: The Arizona experience. Substance Abuse. Accepted. 2020
- Levine M, Ruha AM, Wolk B, et. al. Rattlesnake envenomations: A comparison of pediatric and adult patients. J Med Toxicol. Accepted. 2020
- Crow E, Spyres MB, Boley SP, Levine M, Stellpflug SJ. Delayed peaks of acetaminophen in overdose patients with concominant abdominal trauma. Clin Toxicol. 2020; Accepted.
- Leventhal AM, Mason TB, Kirkpatrick MG, Anderson MK, Levine MD. E-cigarette device power moderates the effects of non-tobacco flavors and nicotine on product appeal in young adults. Addictive Behaviors. 2020; accepted
- Offerman S, Gosen J, Thomas SH, Padilla-Jones A, Ruha AM, Levine M. Bupropion associated seizures following acute overdose. Who develops late seizures? Clin Toxicol. 2020; accepted.
- Levine M, Pizon A, Beuhler M, et. al. Exploratory ingestions of novel anticoagulants and antiplatelets: what is the risk? Peds Emerg Care; 2020; 36:283-5.
- Offerman S, Levine M, Gosen J, et. al. Pediatric bupropion ingestions in teenagers vs. younger children – a tale of two populations. J Med Toxicol. 2020; 16; 6-11
- Claudius IA, Jontz A, Levine M, et. al. Marijuana self-report compared with testing in trauma patients before and after legalization. Clin Toxicol. 2020; 801-3.
- Baugh CW, Levine M, Cornutt D, et. al. Anticoagulant reversal strategies in the emergency department setting: recommendations of a multidisciplinary expert panel. Ann Emerg Med. 2019; accepted for publication
- Maguire M, Fuh L, Goldstein JN, Marshal AL, Levine M, et. al. Thromboembolic risk of 4-factor prothrombin complex concentrate versus fresh frozen plasma for urgent warfarin reversal in the emergency department. West J Emerg Med. 2019; 20:619-25.
- Top Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2021