University of California, Irvine School of Medicine, 2022
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 2019
Harvard Medical School, MD, 2018
University of Oxford, PhD, 2014
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center
UCLA Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital
- Nguyen MO, Jalan M, Morrow CA, Osman F, and Whitby MC. Recombination occurs within minutes of replication blockage by RTS1 producing restarted forks that are prone to collapse. eLife. 2015, Mar; 4(e04539): 1-25. PMID: 25806683.
- Morrow CA, Nguyen MO, Fower A, Wong IN, Osman F, Bryer C, and Whitby MC. Inter-fork strand annealing causes genomic deletions during the termination of DNA replication. eLife. 2017, Jun; 6(e25490): 1-15. PMID: 28586299.
- Goyal K, Nguyen MO, Reynolds RV, Mostaghimi A, Joyce C, Cohen JM, and Buzney EA. Perceptions of U.S. dermatology residency program directors regarding the adequacy and efficacy of phototherapy training during residency. Photodermatology, Photoimmunology, and Photomedicine. 2017, Aug; 33(6): 321-325. PMID: 28857313.
- Nguyen MO, Nguyen HT, and Asgari MM. Toward the use of precision medicine in predicting cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma risk among solid organ transplant recipients. British Journal of Dermatology. 2017, Oct; 177(4): 901-902. PMID: 29052902.
- Nguyen MO, Watson AJ, Joyce C, and Buzney EA. Long-term use of home narrowband ultraviolet B phototherapy demonstrates high patient satisfaction, compliance, and low rates of adverse effects: A survey study. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2020, Jul; 83(1): 267-269. PMID: 32199896.
- Brody G, Nguyen MO, Foulad DP, and Rojek NW. Retiform purpura in the setting of COVID-19: A harbinger of underlying coagulopathy and severe disease course. SKIN The Journal of Cutaneous Medicine. 2021, Jul; 5(4): 434-436.
- Brody G, Nguyen MO, Rojek NW, and Lee BA. A unique case of IgG4-related skin disease and sclerosing cholangitis in a patient with previous hepatitis exposure. JAAD Case Reports. 2021, Sep; 15: 52-55. PMID: 34401431.
- Sabeti S, Ward S, Urso B, Nguyen MO, Doan LT, and Rojek NW. A case of ice-pack dermatosis in a patient with chronic back pain and review of the literature. International Journal of Dermatology. 2022, May 4. Online ahead of print. PMID: 35506198.
- Nguyen MO, Belzer A, Talsania A, Haldas J, Smith J, and Leventhal JS. Spectrum of dermatologic adverse events associated with amivantamab use. JAMA Dermatology. 2022, Nov 23. Online ahead of print. PMID: 36416832.
- Kishkevich A, Tamang S, Nguyen MO, Oehler J, Bulmaga E, Andreadis C, Morrow CA, Osman F, and Whitby MC. Rad52’s DNA annealing activity drives template switching associated with restarted DNA replication. Nature Communications. 2022, Nov 26;13(1):1-3. PMID: 36435847.
In the News
- 2005 VITAS Richard Wolf National Volunteer of the Year, VITAS Hospice Corporation
- 2007-2008 R. H. Anderson Memorial Scholarship, Stanford University
- 2008 President’s Award for Academic Excellence in the Freshman Year, Stanford University
- 2008 Sigma Phi Epsilon Balanced Man Scholarship, Stanford University
- 2008-2009 Frederic King Scholarship, Stanford University
- 2009-2011 Rose Hills Foundation Science and Engineering Scholarship, Stanford University
- 2010 UAL Major Grant, Stanford University
- 2011 Senior Thesis Departmental Honors in Biology, Stanford University
- 2011 Undergraduate Bachelor’s Degree with Distinction, Stanford University
- 2011-2014 Oxford Clarendon Scholarship, University of Oxford
- 2011-2014 Fulbright Scholarship, US-UK Fulbright Commission
- 2013 Best Poster Presentation for Research in Clinical Practice, University of Oxford
- 2014 Best Poster Prize for Biochemistry Doctoral Research, University of Oxford
- 2014 Eric Newsholme Prize for Graduate Biochemistry, University of Oxford, Merton College
- 2015 Scholars in Medicine Summer Fellowship, Harvard Medical School