Dr. Monica R. Khitri is a Pediatric Ophthalmologist and Strabismus specialist. She specializes in the evaluation and management of strabismus and ocular muscle disorders, amblyopia (“lazy eye”), pediatric cataracts, pediatric glaucoma, lacrimal disorders, and more. Dr. Khitri is also a medical educator, researcher, and winner of over two dozen academic and professional awards. She is the chief of the Pediatric Ophthalmology service at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, teaching UCLA medical students, ophthalmology residents, and fellows. She has been recognized as tops in academic performance, patient care, and leadership by groups ranging from the American Medical Women’s Association to Main Line Today, a popular Philadelphia magazine naming Dr. Khitri a “Top Doc.” Patients can make appointments with Dr. Khitri at Doheny Eye Center UCLA in Pasadena and Arcadia.
Medical Board Certifications
- Khitri MR, Mills MM, Ying GS, Davidson SL, Quinn GE. Visual acuity outcomes in pediatric glaucoma. JAAPOS. 2012;16(4):376-81.
- Khitri MR, Demer JL. Magnetic resonance imaging of tissues compatible with supernumerary extraocular muscles. American Journal of Ophthalmology, 2010;150(6):925-31.
- Ralli M, Goldman JW, Lee E, Pinter-Brown LC, Glasgow B, Sarraf B. Intraocular involvement of mycosis fungoides. Arch Ophthalmol, 2009;127(3):343-5.
- Ralli M, Taban M, Mancini R, Goldberg R. Orbital abscesses caused by Fusobacterium necrophorum. Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2009;25(1):70-72.
- Nouri-Mahdavi K, Hoffman D, Ralli M, Caprioli J. Comparison of methods to predict visual field progression in glaucoma. Arch Ophthalmol. 2007;125(9):1176-81.
- Fontana H, Nouri-Mahdavi K, Lumba J, Ralli M, Caprioli J. Trabeculectomy with mitomycin C: Outcomes and risk factors for failure in phakic open-angle glaucoma. Ophthalmology. 2006;113:930-936.
- Ralli M, Nouri-Mahdavi K, Caprioli J. Outcomes of laser suture lysis after initial trabeculectomy with adjunctive mitomycin c. J Glaucoma. 2006;15(1):60-67.
- Ralli M, Cohen P, Lee KW. Successful use of recombinant human thyrotropin in the therapy of pediatric well-differentiated thyroid cancer. J Endocrinol Invest. 2005;28:270-273.
- Ralli M, Lee P, Lee KW. Pediatric Thyroid Cancer at UCLA: A Retrospective 5-Year Analysis. Journal of Investigative Medicine. 2004;52(1): Abstract nr 44.
- Rowland-Goldsmith MA, Maruyama H, Matsuda K, Idezawa T, Ralli M, Ralli S, Korc M. Soluble Type II Transforming Growth Factor-ß Receptor Attenuates Expression of Metastasis-associated Genes and Suppresses Pancreatic Cancer Cell Metastasis. Mol Cancer Ther. 2002;1:161-167.
- Top Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2021
- UCLA Stein Eye Institute Faculty Teaching Award, 2018
- 2012: “Top Doc” by Main Line Today, as voted by physicians in the community
- 2011: Winner, Best glaucoma paper/poster at the
- 2011: AAPOS meeting, Pediatric Glaucoma and Cataract Family Association
- 2006: American Medical Women’s Association, Inc. Janet M. Glasgow Memorial Award