Natasha B. Wheaton, MD
Dr. Natasha Wheaton completed her medical school and emergency medicine residency training at Northwestern University in Chicago. She has particular interest in medical education at both the undergraduate and graduate medical education level. She serves as an Educator for Excellence at the DGSOM as well as the Course Director for the MS1 Basecamp Orientation course. She also holds a national leadership position with Foundations of Emergency Medicine working to develop free, open access online curricula for Emergency Medicine trainees across the country (foundationsem.com).
Medical Board Certification
Emergency Medicine, American Board of Emergency Medicine, 2014
Northwestern Memorial Hospital GME Office, 2013
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, MD, 2009
- Williamson K, Lank PM, Lovel EO and the EMERA Group. "Development of an Emergency Medicine Wellness Curriculum". Academic Emergency Medicine Education and Training. 2018;2(1), 20-25.
- Olson N, Olson AS, Williamson K, Hartman N, Branzetti J, Lank P and the EMERA Group. "Faculty assessment of Emergency Medicine Grit: A multicenter Study. AEM Education and Training. Nov 2018.
- Gaafary C, Grock A, Roppolo L and Wheaton N. Academic Life in Emergency Medicine (ALiEM) Blog and Podcast Watch: Toxicology. Cureus 2018 Dec 5;10(12).
- Trivedi T, Liu C, Antonio A, Wheaton N, Kreger V, Yap A, Schriger D, Elmore J. Injuries related to Standing Electric Scooter Use: Results from the First Year. JAMA Netw Open. 2019 Jan 4;2(1).
- Williamson K, Lank PM, Hartman N, Cheema N, Lovell EO and the EMERA Group. "A comparison of the Maslach Burnout Inventory to Other Wellbeing Instruments in Emergency Medicine Residents. J Grad Med Ed. 2018.
- Williamson K, Lank P, Hartman N, Lu C, Wheaton N, Cash J, Branzetti J, Lovell E and the EMERA group. "The implementation of a National Multi-Faceted Emergency Medicine Resident Wellness Curriculum is Not associated with Changes in Burnout." AEM Education and Training. 2019. In Press.
- Baugh J, Lai S and Wheaton N. "Emergency medicine residents with higher levels of debt are less likely to choose academic jobs, but there is a difference by gender." AEM Education and Training. 2019. In Press.
- Super Doctors® Southern California Rising Stars 2021
- Educator For Excellence, 2020
- Foundations of Emergency Medicine Impact Award, 2019
- Foundations of Emergency Medicine Innovation Award, 2018