Nirav V. Kamdar, MD, MBA
Dr. Kamdar is a practicing anesthesiologist at Ronald Reagan Medical Center and UCLA Santa Monica Orthopedic Hospital. He does general anesthesia including anesthesia for labor and delivery but focuses on Thoracic and Endocrine anesthesia specifically for pheochromocytoma, carcinoid, and paragangliomas. Dr. Kamdar actively attends in the Anesthesia Preoperative and Planning Clinic (PEPC) and is a Senior Quality Officer at UCLA Health.
Dr. Kamdar has an academic background in Health Policy and Business Administration and has interests in innovative care redesign and healthcare innovation. He is the Clinical Director of the UCLA Biodesign Program for Medtech innovation and he researches telehealth implementation and remote patient monitoring.
Medical Board Certifications
- The Mandate to Measure Patient Experience: How Can Patients "Value" Anesthesia Care?
- Safe and scalable device design: a call for open standards.
- Academic anesthesia: innovate to avoid extinction.
- Teaching NeuroImages: massive abdominal CSFoma.
- Distinct cerebellar contributions to intrinsic connectivity networks.
- A cross-modal system linking primary auditory and visual cortices: evidence from intrinsic fMRI connectivity analysis.
- 18F-FDOPA PET imaging of brain tumors: comparison study with 18F-FDG PET and evaluation of diagnostic accuracy.
- Imaging proliferation in brain tumors with 18F-FLT PET: comparison with 18F-FDG.
- mHealth Fellow, NIH, 2019
- Paul Lorhan Memorial Lecture, 2019
- UCLA Exceptional Physician, 2017
- Excellence in Resident Teaching, 2016
- UCLA Exceptional Physician Nomination, 2016
- Excellence in Resident Teaching, 2015-18