Dr. Ravi Dave is the Director of Interventional Cardiology at UCLA Health. He is the Program Director of the Interventional Cardiology Fellowship Program. He is also serving s the Director of the Cardiac Catheterization laboratories at Santa Monica UCLA Medical Center and Community Cardiology Practices. He attended Saurashtra University in India and completed his internship and residency at University of Illinois Medical center at Chicago. He completed his fellowship in Cardiovascular Diseases and Interventional Cardiology at USC Medical Center. He is board certified in Interventional Cardiology and Cardiovascular Disease.
Dr. Dave's clinical interests include: Percutaneous Coronary Interventions (PCI) using all devices, treatment of Chronic Total Occlusions (CTO) of coronary vessels, performing Complete revascularization in High-risk Indicated Patients (CHIP), Mitraclip procedure and percutaneous treatment for Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD).
Dr. Dave has been in practice at UCLA for over 20 years and has a high volume procedural practice. He has been voted as a Super Doctor every year since 2007.
Medical Board Certifications
- Myocardial Infarction
- Valve Disease
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- CHIP Procedures
In the News
Note: News website links may expire without notice.
- Dangers of methamphetamine and the heart
- Dissolving stents
- Is aspirin overused?
- How are international graduates serving the Los Angeles community
- UCLA's International Medical Graduate Program trains recent medical graduates from Spanish-speaking countries to help underserved communities
- Women's heart disease
- Seven easy ways to reduce heart disease risk and be heart-healthy
- SANTA MONICA-UCLA MEDICAL CENTER DESIGNATED BY COUNTY FOR HEART ATTACK PATIENTS
- Depression Makes Heart Patients Feel Worse
- UCLA IMG Program
- Radio interview on Heart disease
- Defibrillator Patients Who Lose Weight May Fare Worse
- Raise the smoking age? A LA times editorial
- Fish oil not recommended for everyone
- Clearing More Arteries Works in Angioplasty Trial
- California Initiative Draws Fire For Opening The Door To TV Ads That Promote Pot Smoking
- Questions raised about clinical trial of heart drugs rivaroxaban (Xarelto) and warfarin – CBS News
- To Cut The Risk Of A High-Fat Meal, Add Spice
- When it's safe to fly home after having a heart attack abroad
- Deep Fat May Be Deadly
- Fish Oil May Help Heart Attack Survivors, According To New AHA Recommendations
- Alcohol & Weight Loss
- UCLA volunteers deliver health care of last resort at free clinic
- Charity event raises record funds for heart disease awareness
- Telling Heartburn From Heart Attack Can Be Tricky
- Task Force Updates EKG Recommendations
- Aspirin Study: 1 in 10 Don't Need It Daily and Could Be Harmed
- Treating In-Stent CTOs May Be Riskier Than De Novo CTOs Despite Similar Procedural Success
- Top Healthy Habits for Your Heart
- Stroke Prevention for Women: Start Early
- New Cholesterol Drug Guidelines: Q&A
- Eating Gluten-Free Without a Medical Reason?
- Prevention best resource for heart health
- Can Too Much Exercise Be Harmful?
- Low blood pressure: Symptoms, diagnosis and treatment
- Super Doctors® Southern California 2022
- President, Board of Directors, American Heart Association