Dr. Reuben Ram is a primary care sleep medicine physician who practices at UCLA Health MPTF Toluca Lake location in Burbank. He is board certified in family medicine and sleep medicine, and shows passion and interest when diagnosing and treating his patients.
Dr. Ram provides complete care in family medicine and also evaluates and treats sleep disorders, including obstructive sleep apnea, central sleep apnea, hypersomnia, restless leg syndrome, periodic limb movement disorder and narcolepsy. Because he has privileges in several sleep labs where his patient’s sleep studies are performed, they can be sure that their studies will be read and interpreted by him.
Dr. Ram received his medical degree from the American University of the Caribbean. He completed his family medicine residency at the UCLA-affiliated Northridge Hospital Medical Center, where he was recognized as an outstanding physician and resident of the year. He completed his sleep medicine training with high performance at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
Dr. Ram has a strong background in research, which he has conducted at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Olive View-UCLA Medical Center and the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System.
Medical Board Certifications
- Sleep Disorders
- Preventive Medicine
- Ram RJ, Leary E, Wallace J. Testing the Alliance Sleep Questionnaire (ASQ) in a Public Academic Sleep Clinic: A Pilot Study, SLEEP 2016; 39.
- Ram RJ, Zeidler M, Mitchell M, Jouldjian S, Martin JL. Insomnia And OSA In A Veteran Cohort Referred For Sleep Evaluation, SLEEP 2015; 38: A240
- Ram RJ, Nabavi Larijani V, Prabhu S, Dailing C, Ardestani A, Ram N, Ahmadi N, Ibrahim R, Pressacco J, Tardif J, Budoff M. 5-Lipoxygenase Inhibitor VIA-2291 (Atreleuton) Intake Improves Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction Tissue in Patients with Recent Acute Coronary Syndrome, Circulation. 2012; 126:A9954.
- Ram RJ, Nabavi Larijani V, Flores F, Prabhu S, Ram N, Baskett M, Ardestani A, Ahmadi N, Grégoire J, Pressacco J, Budoff M, Tardif J. 5-Lipoxygenase Inhibitor VIA-2291 (Atreleuton) Treatment Decreases Epicardial and Pericardial Adipose Tissue in Patients with Recent Acute Coronary Syndrome, Circulation. 2012; 126:A12548
- Budoff M, Ram RJ, Nabavi Larijani V, Prabhu S, Dailing C, Ardestani A, Ram N, Ahmadi N, Ibrahim R, Pressacco J, Tardif J. Effect of Treatment with 5-Lipoxygenase Inhibitor VIA-2291 (Atreleuton) on Coronary Plaque Progression: A Serial CT Angiography Study, Circulation. 2012; 126:A13826.
- Nabavi V, Ram RJ, McDermott D, Abraham J, Hajsadeghi F , Flores F , Ebrahimi R, Budoff M, Ahmadi N. The plaque type prevalence and Segment plaque score as measured by Cardiac Computed Tomography in subjects with different metabolic status, JCCT, Jul 2012.
- Ahmadi N, Nabavi V, Ram RJ, Flores F, Baskett M, L'Allier PL, Pressacco J, Tardif J, Budoff M. 5-lipoxygenase Inhibitor Via-2291 (atreleuton) Reduces Inflammation and Coronary Necrotic Core Plaque and Improves Left Ventricular Function in Patients After an Acute Coronary Syndrome, Circulation. 2012; 126:A1908.
- Ahmadi N, Nabavi V, Ram RJ, Hajsadeghi F, Baskett M, Flores F, Budoff M, Ebrahimi R, Coronary Vascular Dysfunction Is Associated with Increased Epicardial Adipose Tissue and Major Advers Cardiovascular Events, JACC, March 27, 2012; 59: E2101
- Nabavi V, McDermott D, Ram RJ, Flores F , Ebrahimi R , Budoff M, Ahmadi N. Presence of atherosclerotic plaque with vulnerable composition in Bypassed Graft Assessed by Computed Tomoghraphic Angiography is Associated with Cardiovascular mortality, JCCT Jul 2012.
- Top Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2021