Dr. Fallah is a board-certified pediatric endocrinologist and Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at UCLA. She obtained her medical degree at Tehran University of Medical Sciences and MPH degree in Maternal and Child Health at Loma Linda University, California. She completed her pediatric residency at White Memorial Medical Center in Los Angeles and her fellowship in Pediatric Endocrinology at UCLA Mattel Children's Hospital. During her fellowship training at UCLA, she participated in a preceptorship at the NIH Clinical Center. Before joining UCLA, she practiced as an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Los Angeles. Dr. Fallah sees a wide spectrum of pediatric endocrine disorders involving growth, puberty, thyroid, and diabetes. She is a designated LGBTQ champion.
Medical Board Certifications
Pediatric Endocrinology, American Board of Pediatrics, 2019
Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics, 2015
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 2018
White Memorial Medical Center, 2014
Tehran University of Medical Sciences, MD, 2007
- Fallah R, Du L, Braverman LE, He X, Segura-Harrison M, Yeh M, Chiu HK, Pearce EN, Mittelman SD, Leung AM. Iodine Nutrition in U.S. Weaning Infants, Thyroid. 2019;29(4):573-576. PubMed PMID: 30827204. DOI: 10.1089/thy.2018.0102
- Fallah R, Chiu HK. Patient with Undiagnosed Paraganglioma Presenting with Acute Appendicitis. Proceedings of the 26th American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) Annual Scientific & Clinical Congress, Austin, TX, May 2017, p. 18, abstract no. 130.
- Fallah R, Habib M, Shenoy R, Pawlikowska-Haddal A. Sexual Development Following Exposure to Topical Sex Steroids During Prepubertal Age. Proceedings of the 2016 Polish Endocrine Society Conference, Sept 2016, Katowice, Poland.
- Fallah R, Buitrago J, Gray J, Abdel-Azim H, Kapoor N. Spontaneous Recovery of Immune Functions in a Patient Identified as SCID by TREC testing via Newborn Screening for Primary Immune Deficiency Diseases, Proceedings of Primary Immune Deficiency Treatment Consortium, April 2015, Montreal.
- Fallah R and Pawlikowska-Haddal A. Type 1.5 Diabetes: Overlay between Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes. In: Manual of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Norman Lavin (Ed.), Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2018.
- Top Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2021
- American Thyroid Association (ATA) E. Chester Ridgway Trainee Grant, 87th Annual ATA Meeting, Victoria, Canada, 2017
- NIH Preceptorship Award, Endocrine Fellows Foundation, Washington, DC, 2016
- – one of six awardees selected nation-wide to undergo training in endocrine aspects of neoplasia, diabetes and metabolism at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD