Reed Neurological Research Center
710 Westwood Plaza, Suite 1-230
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1769
Current Research Projects, UCLA:
- Development of molecular targeted therapeutics for malignant glioma; epigenetics of malignant glioma.
Research Advisor: Albert Lai, MD, PhD
Dept. of Neurology, UCLA
Research Projects in Residency:
Bioinformatics and Functional Genomic Analysis Departments of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Neurology, VCU Health Systems, Laboratory of Michael Miles, MD, PhD May 2016. In silico project: Analysis of ethanol-responsive gene networks throughout the mesocorticolimbic pathway.
Mitochondrial Biology and Bioenergetics.
Department of Neurology, Veterans Hospital Administration Medical Center, Richmond, VA Laboratory of William Maragos, MD, PhD
Project: Characterization of tricarboxylic cycle enzymatic activation in the context of mitochondrial N-methyl D-aspartate-like receptor activation in neurons.
Project (presented as Lecture at Neurosurgery Research Day; subsequently presented at Society for Neuro-Oncology).
"Comprehensive Neurosurgery Tumor Database Series:
Defining the Natural Progression of Meningioma:
Growth Rate Analysis of Untreated Meningioma and Quantitative Comparison of Volume Approximation Techniques"
Dept. of Neurosurgery
Mentor: William Broaddus, MD, PhD
Movement Disorders Project (presented at Parkinson Study Group and World Parkinson Congress).
Prokinetic Pharmacologic Intervention as a Novel Method for Optimization of Levodopa Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics in Parkinson's Disease.
Results from a Pilot Study Using Erythromycin. Zapanta Rinonos S, Hoder J, Norris V, Kuemmerle J, Venitz J, Halquist M, Wan W, Cloud L.
- Case Report accepted for poster presentation at American Academy of Neurology, 2020.
Brain abscess due to Yokenella regensburgei in a patient with primary CNS lymphoma.
Serendipity Zapanta Rinonos, M.D., Ph.D.1,3, Tiffany Sexton, M.D.1,
Kimberly N. Nichols, M.T. (ASCPCM)4, and Oveimar De La Cruz, M.D.1,2
1Department of Internal Medicine, 2Division of Infectious Diseases, 3Department of Neurology, and 4Department of Microbiology, Virginia Commonwealth University Health Systems, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Richmond, VA, 23298.
- Postdoctoral Research Training Grant Recipient, NIH T32 Tumor Biology Training Program, UCLA Dept. of Neurology, Jan - Dec 2022
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Award, UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, Sept 2021 - Aug 2022
- Futures in Neurologic Research Scholarship – American Academy of Neurology, 2020
- Most Likely to Win a Nobel Prize – VCU Health Systems, Dept. of Internal Medicine
- Neurosurgery Research Day, Oral Presentation Award – VCU Health Systems, Dept. of Neurosurgery
- Neuroscience ICU Patient-Nominated Acorn Award for Patient Care Excellence – VCUHS, Dept. of Neurosurgery
- Howard Hughes Research Scholar – Cornell University, Dept. of Neurobiology & Behavior
- Neuroscience NIH T32 Predoctoral Training Grant Award – Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
- John S. Knight Writing Institute Prize Essay, The Violin Over Brain and Body – Cornell University