Sheeja T. Pullarkat, MD
Academic Title: Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Department Title: Director of Hematopathology Fellowship Program
Specialty: Hematopathology & Hematology
Medical Board Certifications
Hematopathology, American Board of Pathology, 2017
Pathology-Anatomic/Pathology-Clinical, American Board of Pathology, 2005
LAC + USC Medical Center, 2006
LAC + USC Medical Center, 2005
LAC + USC Medical Center, 2000
LAC + USC Medical Center, 2005
Calicut Medical College, 1994
Calicut Medical College, MBBS, 1993
- Chemokine receptors in hematological malignancies
- Systemic mastocytosis
- Wu W, Doan B, Said JS, Pullarkat ST. Strong expression of CCR9 by B-cell lymphomas involving the gastro-intestinal tract. Human Pathology 2014; 45: 1451-58.
- DeNicola M, Shabsovich D, Pullarkat ST et al. Hyperdiploidy in CLL/SLL: A rare cytogenetic event associated with poor prognosis. The Journal of the Association of Genetic Technology 40(1) 2014.
- Ji J, Loo E, Pullarkat S, Yang L, Tirado CA. Acute myeloid leukemia with t(7;21)(p22;q22) and 5q deletion: a case report and literature review. Exp Hematol Oncol 2014; 19: (1) 8.
- Pullarkat ST, Pullarkat V, Lagoo A et al. Characterisation of bone marrow mast cells in acute myeloid leukemia with t(8;21)(q22;q22); RUNX1- RUNX1T1. Leukemia Research 2013; 37: 1572-75
- DeNicola M, Said JW, Pullarkat ST. Primary Hodgkin Lymphoma of the adrenal gland: Case report and literature review. Journal of hematological Malignancies 2013; 3: (1) 28-34.
- Mitton B, Olivera S, Pullarkat ST, Moore TB. Stem Cell transplantation in Primary Myelofibrosis of Childhood. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 2013;35 (3) e120-2.
- Mbuileteye S, Pullarkat ST, Nathwani BS et. al Epstein- Barr virus patterns in US Burkitt lymphoma tumors from the SEER residual tissue repository during 1979-2009. APIMS 2014; 122: 5-15.
- Alexanian S, Said J, Lones M, Pullarkat ST. KSHV/HHV8-Negative Effusion-Based Lymphomas, a Distinct Entity Associated with Fluid Overload States. Am J Surg Pathol 2013; 37: 241-49.
- Acree SC, Pullarkat, ST, Quismorio F P, Mian SR, Brynes RK. Adult Leukemic Synovitis is Associated with Leukemia of Monocytic Differentiation. J Clin Rheumatology 2011; 17: 130-4.
- Wong AK, Kerkoutian S, Rashidi H, Said J, Pullarkat ST. Anti- TNF therapy in patients with rheumatoid arthritis is not associated with increased risk of lymphoma. Clinical Rheumatology 2012; 31:631-636.
- Alexanian S, Wong A, Said J, Aoyoma C, Park A, Pullarkat ST. Intravascular Extranodal NK/T-cell lymphoma nasal type presenting as acute abdomen. J Hematopathol 2010; 3: 161-165.
- Pullarkat Sheeja T, Pullarkat Vinod, Kroft Steven H, Wilson Carla S, Ahsanuddin Arshad N, Mann Karen P, Thein Maung, Grody Wayne W, Brynes Russell K Systemic mastocytosis associated with t(8;21)(q22;q22) acute myeloid leukemia. Journal of hematopathology. 2009; 2(1): 27-33.
- Pullarkat Sheeja T, Danley Kathleen, Bernstein Leslie, Brynes Russell K, Cozen Wendy High lifetime incidence of adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia among Hispanics in California. Cancer epidemiology, biomarkers & prevention : a publication of the American Association for Cancer Research, cosponsored by the American Society of Preventive Oncology. 2009; 18(2): 611-5.
- Pullarkat Sheeja T, Vardiman James W, Slovak Marilyn L, Rao Dinesh S, Rao Nagesh P, Bedell Victoria, Said Jonathan W Megakaryocytic blast crisis as a presenting manifestation of chronic myeloid leukemia. Leukemia research. 2008; 32(11): 1770-5.
- Pullarkat Sheeja T, Sedarat Franklin, Paquette Ronald, Said Jonathan Systemic mastocytosis with plasma cell dyscrasia: report of a case. Leukemia research. 2008; 32(7): 1160-3.
- Saadat Payam, Pullarkat Sheeja, Kelly Linda, Vadmal Manjunath Ossifying fibromyxoid tumor of the skin: a report of 2 cases with light microscopic, immunohistochemical, and electron microscopic characterization. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2005; 52(4): 644-7.
- Pullarkat Vinod A, Bueso-Ramos Carlos, Lai Raymond, Kroft Steven, Wilson Carla S, Pullarkat Sheeja T, Bu Xiangdong, Thein Maung, Lee M, Brynes Russell K Systemic mastocytosis with associated clonal hematological non-mast-cell lineage disease: analysis of clinicopathologic features and activating c-kit mutations. American journal of hematology. 2003; 73(1): 12-7.