Dr. Stephanie Pannell grew up in Northern California. She obtained her Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Health at Brown University, where she was inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa Society. She attended medical school at UCLA, where she was elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. She completed her urology residency at UCLA, and obtained her Masters of Public Health degree in Epidemiology during her research year. Following residency, she joined the UCLA faculty at Santa Monica. Her interests include Health Services research and optimizing the patient experience.
Medical Board Certification
- Pannell SC, Soni SM, Giboney P, Santamaria A, Bergman J. Improving access to urologic care in a large underseared population through clinical integration. JAMA Surg. 2019; 154(11):1072-1074.
- Huen KH, Huang C, Liu H, Kwan L, Pannell SC, Laviana AA, Saucedo J, Lorenz K, Bennett C, Bergman J. Outcomes of an integrated urology-palliative care clinic for patients with advanced urological cancers: maintenance of quality of life and satisfaction and high rate of hospice utilization through end of life. Am J Hosp and Pall Med. 2019; 36(9):801-806.
- Jayadevan R, Pannell S, Chuang R, Dunn M, Aronson W. A Case of an Invisible Ureteral Stent. Urology. 2018; 121:e9-e10.
- Pannell SC, Laviana AA, Huen KH, Shelton JB, Kwan L, Bennett CJ, Lorenz KA, Bergman J. Advance care planning and patient preferences in a feasibility pilot study to improve end-of-life communication among men with metastatic urological malignancies. Urology Practice. 2017; 5(6):421-426.
- Pannell SC, Bergman J. Editorial Commentary: Response to “Development and Validation of an Automated Method to Identify Patients Undergoing Radical Cystectomy for Bladder Cancer Using Natural Language Processing”. Urology Practice. 2017; 4(5):371.
- Laviana AA, Pannell SC, Huen KHY, Bergman. Engaging patients in complex clinical decision-making: Successes, pitfalls, and future directions. Urol Oncol. 2017; 35(9):569-573.
- Narang GL, Pannell SC, Laviana AA, Huen KH, Izard J, Smith AB, Bergman J. Patient-reported outcome measures in urology. Current Opin Urol. 2017; 27(4):366-374.
- Shirk JD, Kwan L, Laviana AA, Chu S, Huen KH, Bergman J. Is More Really Better? An Examination of Services and Payment Patterns among Urologists from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Urology Practice. 2017; 4: 302-307.
- Chu S, Bergman J. Editorial Commentary: Response to “Providing Access to Care through a 24-Hour Dedicated Stone Line”. Urology Practice, 2017; 4(1):47.
- Chu S, Singer JS. Transitional Cell Carcinoma in the Pediatric Patient: A Review of the Literature. Urology. 2016; 91:175-179.
- Fellowship in Epidemiology, UCLA Fielding School of Public Health, 2016-2017
- Viola G. Hyde Scholarship, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, 2013
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, 2013