Theodore De Beritto, MD, MS
Dr. De Beritto earned his bachelor's and master's degrees at the University of Southern California and received his medical degree at the University of Utah. He completed his pediatric residency at the University of Chicago – Comer Children's Hospital in Chicago, Illinois. Prior to joining UCLA, Dr. De Beritto completed his fellowship training in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine at the University of Southern California + Los Angeles County Medical Center, where he studied success rates in lumbar punctures and education through simulation, as well as cost-effectiveness among patients with bronchopulmonary dysplasia.
Dr. De Beritto's research interests are centered around medical education and cost-effectiveness. Clinical interests include extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), extremely low birth weight infants, and surgical conditions in the newborn.
Medical Board Certification
- Smith A, Andrews S, Wilkins V, De Beritto T, Jenkins S, Maloney CG. Value Narratives: A Novel Method for Understanding High-Cost Pediatric Hospital Patients. Hospital Pediatrics. 2016.
- De Beritto T, Zaritzky M, Hageman J. State of the Art: Bowel Obstruction in the Neonate. Neonatology Today. Vol 13, Issue 10. Oct 2018.
- De Beritto T, Zaritzky M. 2016. Essential Guide to Clinical Neonatology. New York (NY):Nova Science Publishers. Chapter: Primer on Newborn Bowel Obstruction.
- De Beritto T, Emolo J, Mak G. 2019. Pediatric Critical Care: A Primer for All Clinicians. New York (NY): Nova Science Publishers. Chapter: Pediatric Bowel Obstruction.
- De Beritto T, Kahn OA, Hageman JR, Schreiber M. Vein of Galen Arteriovenous
Malformation in a Neonate. Pediatric Annals. 2015 Oct;44(10): e243-6. PMID: 26473426
- Chu A, De Beritto T. The Perinatal Origins of Cardiovascular Disease. Pediatric Annals. 2015 Nov;44(11): e254-9. PMID: 26587817
- Chu A,De Beritto T, Kesavan K, Hageman JR, Azzam R. Neonatal Hemochromatosis: Evaluation of the Neonate with Hepatic Failure. NeoReviews. 2016 Feb;17(3)
- De Beritto T. Newborn Sleep: Patterns, Interventions, and Outcomes. Pediatric Annals. Pediatric Annals. 2020 Feb 1;49(2): e82-e87. PMID: 32045487
- Liu S, De Beritto T. Congenital Cervical Spondyloptosis in the Neonate: A Prenatal
Diagnosis. Pediatric Annals. Pediatric Annals. 2020 July.
- De Beritto T, Chu A. Neonatology: A Review of Common Findings and Rare Diagnosis. Pediatric Annals. 2020 July.
- Easterlin MC, De Beritto T, Yeh AM, Wertheimer FB, Ramanathan R. Extremely Preterm Infant Born to a Mother With Severe COVID-19 Pneumonia. J Investig Med High Impact Case Rep. 2020 August.