Theodore De Beritto, MD, MS
Dr. Theodore De Beritto has been a member of the UCLA Neonatology faculty since 2020 and is board certified in Pediatrics. His clinical interests include neonatal and pediatric extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), caring for extremely low birth weight infants, and management of surgical conditions in the newborn. After his fellowship at the University of Southern California + Los Angeles County Medical Center where he studied lumbar puncture outcomes, education through simulation, as well as cost-effectiveness among patients with bronchopulmonary dysplasia, Dr. De Beritto continuestopursue his interests in cost-consciousnessand medical education here at UCLA. Along with his clinical concentrations, Dr. De Beritto also serves on the editorial board of NeoReviews and haspublished several review articles, peer-reviewed research papers, and book chapters.
Medical Board Certifications
- Smith A, Andrews S, Wilkins V, De Beritto T, Jenkins S, Maloney CG. Value Narratives: A Novel Method for Understanding High-Cost Pediatric Hospital Patients. Hospital Pediatrics. 2016.
- De Beritto T, Zaritzky M, Hageman J. State of the Art: Bowel Obstruction in the Neonate. Neonatology Today. Vol 13, Issue 10. Oct 2018.
- De Beritto T, Zaritzky M. 2016. Essential Guide to Clinical Neonatology. New York (NY):Nova Science Publishers. Chapter: Primer on Newborn Bowel Obstruction.
- De Beritto T, Emolo J, Mak G. 2019. Pediatric Critical Care: A Primer for All Clinicians. New York (NY): Nova Science Publishers. Chapter: Pediatric Bowel Obstruction.
- De Beritto T, Kahn OA, Hageman JR, Schreiber M. Vein of Galen Arteriovenous
Malformation in a Neonate. Pediatric Annals. 2015 Oct;44(10): e243-6. PMID: 26473426
- Chu A, De Beritto T. The Perinatal Origins of Cardiovascular Disease. Pediatric Annals. 2015 Nov;44(11): e254-9. PMID: 26587817
- Chu A,De Beritto T, Kesavan K, Hageman JR, Azzam R. Neonatal Hemochromatosis: Evaluation of the Neonate with Hepatic Failure. NeoReviews. 2016 Feb;17(3)
- De Beritto T. Newborn Sleep: Patterns, Interventions, and Outcomes. Pediatric Annals. Pediatric Annals. 2020 Feb 1;49(2): e82-e87. PMID: 32045487
- Liu S, De Beritto T. Congenital Cervical Spondyloptosis in the Neonate: A Prenatal
Diagnosis. Pediatric Annals. Pediatric Annals. 2020 July.
- De Beritto T, Chu A. Neonatology: A Review of Common Findings and Rare Diagnosis. Pediatric Annals. 2020 July.
- Easterlin MC, De Beritto T, Yeh AM, Wertheimer FB, Ramanathan R. Extremely Preterm Infant Born to a Mother With Severe COVID-19 Pneumonia. J Investig Med High Impact Case Rep. 2020 August.