Theodore B. Moore, MD is Professor of Pediatrics, Chief of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology and Director of the Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Program at UCLA. He trained in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology here at UCLA from 1992-1995, serving as a Clinical Instructor from 1994-thru 1996. He then took the position of Director of Pediatric Stem Cell Transplant at the Oregon Health and Science University in Portland, Oregon building the Pediatric Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant program there from its infancy.
He returned to UCLA joining the UCLA School of Medicine faculty in 2001 with his current appointment in the Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology in the Department of Pediatrics. He is active in Clinical Research serving as the UCLA Principal Investigator of the Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Consortium (PBMTC) and the Primary Immune Deficiency Treatment Consortium (PIDTC) and the Children's Oncology Group (COG).
Dr. Moore currently serves on several committees within the hospital. He serves as Chair of Sub-Committee B of the medical school admissions committee, a member of the Faculty Practice Group Executive Committee and serves as the Immediate Past President of the Executive Board of the Department of Pediatrics Group Practice Plan.
His outside interest is international medicine and is actively involved in international education and international relief efforts.
His clinical and research interests are hematopoietic stem cell transplant and hematologic diseases in children and young adults.
Medical Board Certification
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (bone marrow transplantation) in Children and Young Adults
- Malignant and non-malignant disease of the blood in children and young adults
Most Recent Publications:44. Boatsman E, Rao N, Song S, Moore TB. Graft-Versus-Leukemia Effect on Infant Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Relapsed After Sibling Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation. Journal of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology 32(2):57-60, 2010. PMID: 20168246
45. Presson A, Moore TB, Kempert P. Efficacy of High-dose Chemotherapy and Autologous Stem Cell transplant for Recurrent Wilms' Tumor: A Meta-analysis. Journal of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Aug;32(6):454-61, 2010. PMID: 20505538
46. Panosyan EH, Laks D, Masterman-Smith M, Mottahedeh J, Yong WH, Cloughsey TF, Lazareff JA, Mischel PS, Moore TB, Kornblum HI. Clinical Outcome in Pediatric Glial and Embryonal Brain Tumors Correlates with In Vitro Multi-passageable Neurosphere Formation. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 55:644-651, 2010. PMID: 20589659
47. Morimoto K, Moore TB, Schiller GJ, Sakamoto KM. Transplantation in Congenital Bone Marrow Failure Syndromes. Bone Marrow Research, vol. 2011, Article ID 849387, 2011. PMID:22046571
48. Panosyan EH, Ikeda AK, Chang V, Laks DR, Reeb CL Bowles L, Lasky III JL, Moore TB. High Dose Chemotherapy with Autologous Hematopoietic Stem Cell Rescue (AHSCR) for Pediatric Brain Tumor Patients. Journal of Transplantation. vol 2011:740673, 2011. PMID: 21559259
49. Fung AO, Damoiseaux R, Grundeen S, Pannes J, Horton DH, Judy JW, Moore TB. Quantitative Detection of PfHRP2 in Saliva of Malaria Patients in the Philippines. Malaria Journal 11:175, 2012. PMID: 22631858
50. Kamani NR, Walters M, Carter S, Aquino V, Brochstein J, Chauhury S, Eapen M, Freed B, Grimley M, Levine J, Logan B, Moore TB, Panpinto J, Parikh S, Pulsipher M, Sande J, Schultz KR, Spellman S, Shenoy S. Unrelated Donor Cord blood Transplantation for Children with Severe Sickle Cell Disease: Results of a Phase II Study from the Blood and Marrow Transplant Clinical Trials Network (BMT CTN), Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation 18:1265- 1272, 2012. PMID: 22343376
51. Chan WY, Roberts RL, Moore TB, Stiehm ER. Cord blood transplants for SCID: better B-cell engraftment? Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, 35(1):14-8, 2013. PMID: 22510776
52. Venkatramani R, Lasky J, Haley K, Gilles F, Sposto R, Ji L, Olshefski R, Garvin J, Tekautz T, Kennedy G, Rassekh R, Moore TB, Gardner S, Allen J, Shore R, Moertel C, Atlas M, Dhall G, Finlay J. Outcome of Infants and Young Children with Newly Diagnosed Ependymoma Treated on the “Head Start” III Prospective Clinical Trial. J. Neuro- Oncology , 113 (2):285-291, 2013. PMID: 23508296
53. Kuo C, Chase J, Garcia-Lloret M, Stiehm ER, Moore TB, Aguilera MJ, Siles JL, Church J. Newborn Screening for Severe Combined Immunodeficiency Does Not Identify Bare Lymphocyte Syndrome. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 131(6):1693-5, 2013. PMID: 23453137
54. Mitton B, Oliveira SN, Pullarkat ST, Moore TB. Stem Cell Transplantation in Primary Myelofibrosis of Childhood. Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, 35(3):E120-122, 2013. PMID: 23511496
55. Buchbinder D, Margolis D, Moore TB, Nugent D. Successful Autologous Cord Blood Transplantation in a child with Acquired Severe Aplastic Anemia. Pediatric Blood and Cancer. 17(3):E104-7, 2013. PMID: 23464883
56. Lasky JL, Panosyan EH, Prins RM, Plant A, Davidson T, Liau LM, Moore TB. Autologous Tumor Lysate-pulsed Dendritic Cell Immunotherapy for Pediatric Patients with Primary or Recurrent High-Grade Gliomas. Anticancer Research, 33(5):2047-56, 2013. PMID: 23645755
57. Kwan A, Church JA, Cowan M, Agarwal R, Kapoor N, Kohn D, Lewis D, Moore TB, Stiehm ER, Porteus M, McGhee SA, Bhandal A, Aznar CP, Lorey F, Puck JM. Newborn screening for severe combined immunodeficiency and T-cell lymphopenia in California: results of the first 2 years. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 132(1):140-50, 2013. PMID: 23810098
58. Dvorak CC, Cowan MJ, Logan BR, Notarangelo LD, Griffith LM, Puck JM, Kohn DB, Shearer WT, O'Reilly RJ, Fleisher TA, Pai SY, Hanson IC, Pulsipher MA, Fuleihan R, Filipovich A, Goldman F, Kapoor N, Small T, Smith A, Chan KW, Cuvelier G, Heimall J, Knutsen A, Loechelt B, Moore TB, Buckley RH. The Natural History of Children with Severe Combined Immunodeficiency: Baseline Features of the First Fifty Patients of the Primary Immune Deficiency Treatment Consortium Prospective Study 6901. Journal of Clinical Immunology 33(7):1156-64, 2013. PMID: 23818196
59. de Smith AJ, Walsh KM, Zhang S, Xiao C, Cohen F, Chokkalingam AP, Moore TB, Metayer C, Buffler P, Trachtenberg EA, Wiemles JL. The role of KIR genes and their cognate HLA class I ligands in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Blood 123(16):2497-503, 2014. PMID: 24518758
60. Panosyan EH, Wang Y, Xia P, Lee WP, Pak Y, Moore TB, Kornblum HI, Lasky JL. Asparagine Depletion Potentiates the Cytotoxic Effect of Chemotherapy Against Brain Tumors. Molecular Cancer Research 12(5):694-702, 2014. PMID: 24505127
61. Francis SS, Selvin S, Metayer C, Wallace AW, CrouseV, Moore TB, Wiemels JW and Buffler PA. Mode of Delivery and Risk of Childhood Leukemia. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention 23(5):876-81, 2014. PMID: 24618997
62. Pai SY, Logan B, Griffith LM, Buckley RH, Parrott RS, Dvorak CC, Kapoor N, Hanson IC, Filipovich AH, Sullivan K, Small TN, Burroughs L, Haight A, Pulsipher MA, Chan K, Fuleihan R, Haddad E, Loechelt B, Aquino V, Gillio A, Davis J, Knutsen A, Smith A, Moore TB, Schroeder M, Goldman F, Connelly J, Porteus M, Xiang Q, Shearer WT, Fleisher TA, Kohn DB, Puck J, Notarangelo LD, Cowan MJ, O’Reilly RJ. Transplantation of severe combined immunodeficiency in 240 patients from 2000-2009: A report from the Primary Immune Deficiency Treatment Consortium of North America. NEJM 371(5):434-46, 2014. PMID: 25075835
63. Kwan A, Abraham RS, Brower A, Currier R, Andruzewski K, Abbott J, Baker M, Ballow M, Bartoshesky LE, Bonilla FE, Bonagura V, Brokopp C, Brooks E, Caggana M, Celestin J, Church J, Comeau A, Cowan MJ, Cunningham- Rundles C, Dahl K, Dasu T, de la Morena M, Fong C, Forbes L, Gelfand E, Hale J, Hanson IC, Hay B, Hu D, Infante A, Kapoor N, Kay D, Kohn D, Lee K, Lehman H, Lorey F, McGhee S, Moore TB, Notarangelo LD, Pai S, Porteus M, Routes J, Romberg N, Ruehle M, Rubenstein A, Saavedra-Matiz C, Scott P, Secord E, Seroogy C, Siegel S, Stiehm ER, Sullivan J, Tanksley S, Tierce M, Verbsky J, Vogel B, Walkovich K, Walter J, Wasserman R, Weinberg GA, Weiner LB, Wood H, Puck J. Newborn Screening for Severe Combined Immunodeficiency in 11 Screening Programs in the United States: Cumulative Data. JAMA 312(7):729-38, 2014. PMID:25138334
64. Simms-Waldrip T, Rosen G, Ikeda A, Brown B, Nielsen K, Moore TB. Invasive Fungal Infections in Pediatric Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Patients. Infectious Disease 47(4): 218-24, 2015. PMID: 25650728
- Top Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2021
- SuperDoctors, top 5% of doctors in Southern California, 2008-2016
- Best Doctors in America, selected by peer review survey, medical experience and certification, 2007-2016
- Guide to America's Top Oncologists, Consumer Research Council of America, 2007-2015
- UCLA Exceptional Physician of the Year Award 2013