Fit Testing Session Information
How to Schedule a Fit Testing Session
- Email or call Breathe Safe Environmental at Office: 213.291.8513 or [email protected]
- Provide the below details when calling or emailing:
- Preferred Training Date(s)/time(s)
- # of participants
- Address for billing information (Invoice to be billed directly to the clinic)
- Room availability for testing.
- Onsite contact information (e.g. name, email, phone #)
Fit Testing Sessions Guidelines and Restrictions
- Fit Testing sessions take approximately ~30 minutes to complete for up to ~9 participants, space permitting.
- N95 respirators for the fit testing session should be ordered prior to the fit testing session.
- Participants cannot eat or drink anything other than water for at least 15 minutes prior to the fit testing.
- Participants with facial hair that may affect the seal of the respirator will not be able to participate in the fit testing.
- Short mustaches, sideburns and small goatees that are neatly trimmed so that no hair compromises the seal of the respirator to the face usually do not present a hazard and therefore do not violate the standard.
Fit Testing Preparation
- Complete a UCLA Health Sign-In Sheet and list all the applicable employees (DO NOT HAND WRITE). This sign in sheet is to ensure the vendor has a legible list with the accurate spelling of each participants name, UCLA ID # and Job Title.
- Establish a par level of N95 Respirators and order the appropriate inventory
- Ensure you have adequate space to conduct the fit testing session (e.g. empty exam room, conference room, breakroom etc.)
- Print the completed UCLA Health Sign-In Sheet and provide it to the trainer when they arrive.
- Participants are to sign both the UCLA Health Sign-In Sheet as well as the Breathe Safe Sign-In Sheet when they attend the Fit Test session.
- Each participant must complete the Respirator Program Fit Test ‘record’ provided by the trainer.
- Once all Fit Testing sessions for the day have been completed, make (2) copies of the UCLA Health Sign In-Sheet and the BreatheSafe Sign In-Sheet.
- Provide a copy of each sign-in sheet to the BreatheSafe Trainer and keep a copy for your records.
- Email a copy of the UCLA Sign In-Sheet and the Breathe Safe Sign In-Sheet to: [email protected]
- Contact Breathe Safe to schedule additional Fit Testing sessions as needed until all applicable staff have been Fit Tested and follow these instructions.
- Add a reminder to your Outlook Calendar to remind yourself that Fit Testing is due for your staff. Set the recurrence for annual and give yourself enough time to coordinate the Fit Test sessions before they are due.