The Simms Mann UCLA Center for Integrative Oncology’s Founders Board is currently comprised of members of the Simms Mann Family Foundation and Leadership at UCLA. This board makes significant visionary and financial contributions to further the mission of the Center and produces significant positive impact on the care of patients with cancer and their families at the Center as well as developing the next generation of integrative health providers.
Goals of the Founders Board
- To set the strategic direction of the Center, provide leadership and guidance on long term operational, financial and programmatic sustainability of the Center.
- To raise awareness in the community of the Simms Mann UCLA Center for Integrative Oncology as a national model for providing integrative patient care for individuals and families touched by cancer.
- To support the free psychosocial and educational programs offered by the Center through a significant contribution.
- To support the mission of training the next generation of integrative health providers.
- To maintain transparency about the accomplishments of the Center.
Current Board Members
Dr. Victoria Simms is a nationally recognized child development specialist and philanthropist. She is the architect of all the initiatives and programs the Foundation and Institute is currently funding and implementing.
As the Vice-President of The Simms Mann Family Foundation, Mr. Simms has a strong commitment to quality education. Mr. Simms, along with his wife, was instrumental in launching the Simms Mann UCLA Center of Integrative Oncology.
John Glaspy, MD, MPH, is professor of medicine in the Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology at the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA).
Barb Jagels, RN, MHA, CPHQ, serves as the Senior Director of Cancer Services at UCLA Health. This role is dedicated to the integration of services across the care delivery system at UCLA Health.
Johnese Spisso assumed the position of President of UCLA Health, CEO of UCLA Hospital System and Associate Vice Chancellor of UCLA Health Sciences in 2016.