COVID-19 Vaccine Info Hub
Updated Nov. 1, 2023
Vaccine Information: What You Need to Know
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that everyone 6 months and older get the updated Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna or Novavax COVID-19 vaccine, regardless of any previous COVID-19 vaccinations.
The updated vaccines were approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and recommended by the CDC this fall. The newly formulated COVID-19 vaccines target a more recent variant of the virus than earlier vaccines. The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is now available in UCLA Health clinics. You can schedule an appointment through myUCLAhealth or by calling your doctor's office.
The CDC outlines how to stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines by age group.
- Everyone 5 and older should get one updated Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
- People 12 and older should get one updated Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, or two doses of the updated Novavax vaccine.
- People who are moderately to severely immunocompromised have specific recommendations for COVID-19 vaccines. See the CDC recommendations and speak with your doctor about any extra updated dosages.
- Children ages 6 months to 4 years need multiple doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, including at least one dose of an updated COVID-19 vaccine. Additional details are listed on the CDC website.
Access your COVID-19 Digital Vaccine Record
You can find your digital COVID-19 vaccine record within myUCLAhealth under COVID-19 Information or Immunizations. Within the myUCLAhealth (MyChart) app, you can find your digital record by clicking on the “My COVID Info” icon. If your vaccine info is missing in myUCLAhealth or incorrect, please let your primary care office know.
You can also request your record through the California Department of Public Health’s Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record website. Please note that UCLA Health has no control over the state vaccine record website. If you have any questions, please see their FAQ or call 833-422-4255.
Vaccine Fact Sheets
Schedule your appointment
UCLA Health patients can now directly schedule their COVID-19 vaccine in myUCLAhealth by following the below steps.
- Login and select “Visits/Clinical Notes” from the top navigation, and then "Schedule an Appointment"
- Choose “COVID Vaccine” as the reason for your appointment
- Answer a couple of questions related to which COVID-19 vaccines you've already received
- Choose the location, date and time that works for you
- Verify details and schedule
If you are scheduling an appointment for your child or someone else who you have proxy access for, select their name before you navigate to “Schedule an Appointment.”