Volunteer Eligibility Requirements
Please review the eligibility requirements before proceeding:
- Required Age:
- 18 years or older
- Minors must be aged 16-17 years old (with limited volunteer duties)
- NOTE: applicants must be 18 years or older for the School of Dentistry and the Departments of OBGYN, Urology, and Ophthalmology.
- Required Documentation:
- All individuals are required to have a valid government issued ID, driver's license or passport (required for ID Badge)
- Policies and Restrictions:
- If you will be receiving any monetary payment/stipend/compensation for providing services, unfortunately, you are NOT eligible for this program.
- Degreed Professionals:
- If you currently hold a professional degree or license, our office is unable to process you for this program. Please check your inviting department regarding an Academic Appointment.
- Visa Status:
- If you currently hold a non-immigrant VISA or VISA Waiver status, our office is only approved to process international students who are full-time matriculating UCLA Students on F-1 Visas issued by Dashew Center.
- UCLA Employees:
- Previous or current UCLA Employees/Work-Study may NOT volunteer for the SAME department or supervisor.
- Previous or current Employees/Work-Study may NOT conduct unpaid volunteer duties within the SAME or SIMILAR capacity/role/nature of their previous or current job description.
- Current UCLA Volunteers:
- Volunteers may NOT start in more than ONE assignment. You must complete the MINIMUM commitment of hours in your current assignment before adding or transferring into another (approvals may be required even if minimum hours are reached):
- UCLA Health Sciences Program Assignments: 50 Hours
- For other Volunteer Programs, please check with your Volunteer Coordinator.
- Other eligibiltiy criteria may be included based on information provided.
To proceed, please return to the UCLA Health Sciences Volunteer Program Homepage for more information.