Open Actively Recruiting
A Clinical Trial of a New Combination Treatment, Domvanalimab and Zimberelimab, Plus Chemotherapy, for People With an Upper Gastrointestinal Tract Cancer That Cannot be Removed With Surgery That Has Spread to Other Parts of the Body
This randomized Phase 3 open-label study will compare the efficacy of the T-cell immunoglobulin and immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitory motif (ITIM) domain (TIGIT) monoclonal antibody domvanalimab, the anti programmed cell death protein 1 (PD-1) monoclonal antibody zimberelimab, and multiagent chemotherapy versus the anti PD-1 monoclonal antibody nivolumab and multiagent chemotherapy in the first-line treatment of participants with locally advanced unresectable or metastatic gastric, gastroesophageal junction (GEJ), and esophageal adenocarcinoma.
- Age >= 18 years at the time of signing the informed consent.
- Capable of giving signed informed consent which is in compliance with the requirements and restrictions listed in the informed consent form (ICF) and in protocol.
- Histologically confirmed diagnosis of locally advanced unresectable or metastatic gastric, GEJ, or esophageal adenocarcinoma.
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) Performance Score of 0-1.
- At least one measurable target lesion per Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors (RECIST) v1.1.
- Underlying medical or psychiatric conditions that, in the investigator's or sponsor's
opinion, will make the administration of study-specified therapy hazardous, including
but not limited to:
- Interstitial lung disease, including history of interstitial lung disease or non-infectious pneumonitis. Active viral, bacterial, or fungal infections requiring parenteral treatment within 14 days of randomization.
- Clinically significant cardiovascular disease, such as New York Heart Association Class II or greater cardiac disease or cerebrovascular accident within 3 months prior to randomization, unstable angina, or new onset angina within 3 months prior to randomization, myocardial infarction within 6 months prior to randomization, or unstable arrhythmia within 3 months prior to randomization.
- History of prior solid-organ transplantation, including allogenic bone marrow transplantation.
- Dementia, psychiatric, or substance abuse disorders that would interfere with satisfying the requirements of the trial.
- Known human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER-2) positive tumor.
- Known untreated, symptomatic, or actively progressing central nervous system (CNS) (brain) metastases. Participants with leptomeningeal metastases are excluded from enrollment.
- Received prior systemic treatment for locally advanced unresectable or metastatic gastric, GEJ, or esophageal adenocarcinoma.
- Disease progression within 6 months of neoadjuvant or adjuvant chemotherapy.
Other protocol defined Inclusion/Exclusion criteria may apply.
Join this Trial
Contact our clinical trial navigators for opportunities that may be suitable for you
- UCLA Porter Ranch
- UCLA San Luis Obispo
- UCLA Santa Barbara
- UCLA Santa Monica
- UCLA Torrance
- UCLA Valencia
- UCLA Westlake Village
- UCLA Westwood
For detailed technical eligibility, visit ClinicalTrials.gov.