Open Actively Recruiting
DETERMINE: Detemir vs NPH
The purpose of the study is to compare rates of neonatal hypoglycemia with maternal NPH vs determir use.
- Inclusion criteria will include pregnant women with pre-existing T2DM and GDM who requiring insulin to manage their blood sugars in pregnancy.
- Multiple Gestation
- Type 1 Diabetes mellatus
- Age < 18
- Known or suspected hypersensitivity to NPH or insulin detemir
- Known fetal major malformations
- Chronic renal or hepatic insufficiency
- Known to be HIV, Hepatitis B, or Hepatitis C positive
- Indication for planned premature delivery (placenta accrete, or prior classical cesarean delivery)
- Insulin dependent before conception
Join this Trial
Contact our clinical trial navigators for opportunities that may be suitable for you