Dr. Christina Han is an Associate Clinical Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Division Director of Maternal-Fetal Medicine. She is an active researcher and educator with a focus on advanced prenatal diagnosis, management of complex fetal anomalies, maternal comorbidities (especially diabetes and endocrine disorders in pregnancy), and preconception optimization of maternal health. She was a former Women's Reproductive Health Research program scholar and a McKern Scholar for Perinatal Research.
Medical Board Certifications
Areas of Focus
- Mei J, Deshmukh U, Negi M, Campbell K, Paidas MJ, Platt LD, Silverman NS, Han CS. May-Thurner Syndrome in Pregnancy: A Multi-Institutional Case Series and Review of the Literature. Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM. In press. doi: 10.1016/j.ajogmf.2020.100240
- Pluym ID, Holliman K, Afshar Y, Lee CC, Richards M, Han CS, Krakow DK, Rao R. Emergency Department Use Among Postpartum Women with Mental Health Disorders. Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM. In press.
- Afshar Y, Silverman NS, Han CS, Platt LD. Clinical Guidance and Perinatal Care in the Era of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (CoVID-19). J Perinatol Med. Oct 2020. doi: 10.1515/jpm-2020-0400.
- Mei J, Munoz HE, Kim JS, Szlachta-McGinn A, Blat C, Rao R, Han CS, Irani RA, Afshar Y. Rates of Cesarean Conversion and Associated Predictors and Outcomes in Planned Vaginal Twin Deliveries. Am J Perinatol. 2020 Oct. DOI: 10.1055/s-0040-1718368.
- Johnson J, Melvin E, Srinivas SK, Louis JM, Hughes B, Han CS, Norton ME, Werner EF. COVID-19 Testing, Personal Protective Equipment, and Staffing Strategies Vary at Obstetrics Centers across the Country. Am J Perinatol. Sept 2020. DOI: 10.1055/s-0040-1718401
- Rose K, Kwan L, Zhang H, Han CS, Afshar Y. Preferences and comfort of maternal fetal medicine fellows in the United States with operative vaginal deliveries. J Mat Fet Med. 2020 Sep 10;1-6. DOI:10.1080/14767058.2020.1817894
- Pluym ID, Rao R, Ballas J, Ramos GA, Cross SN, Zapata M, Srinivas S, Louis JM, Werner EF, Afshar Y, Han CS. Obstetrical Unit Response to the CoVID-19 Pandemic: "OUR" Study. Am J Perinatol. 2020 Sept. 37(13): 1301-1309. PMID: 32892329. DOI: 10.1055/s-0040-1715861
- Duzyj CM, Thornburg LL, Han CS. Clinical Expert Series: Practice Modification for Pandemics- A Model for Surge Planning in Obstetrics. Obstet Gynecol. 2020 Aug;136(2). https://doi.org/DOI: 10.1097/AOG.0000000000004004.
- Johnson A, Snegovskikh D, Parikh L, Belfort DeAguiar R, Han CS, Hwang J. Characterizing the effects of diabetes and obesity on insulin and leptin levels amongst pregnant women. Am J Perinatol. 2020 Mar 2. doi: 10.1055/s-0040-1702988
- Pluym ID, Paek B, Walker M, Hui L, Kwang L, Rao R, Scibetta E, Afshar Y, Holliman K, Wong T, Platt LD, Han CS. Novel use of a social-media-based survey to detect regional differences in management of monochorionic-diamniotic twins. Am J Perinatol. 2020 Jan 30. doi: 10.1055/s-0039-1701027
- Top Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2021