Open Actively Recruiting
A Study of NKT2152, a HIF2α Inhibitor, in Patients With Advanced Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma
The goal of the Phase 1 portion is to identify the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and/or the recommended Phase 2 Dose (RP2D) of NKT2152. The Phase 2 portion will evaluate the efficacy of NKT2152 in ccRCC.
- Has the ability to understand and willingness to sign a written informed consent form before the performance of any study procedures
- Has locally advanced or metastatic ccRCC and has progressed during treatment, are relapsed, refractory and not amenable to curative therapy or standard therapy (Phase 1); has progressed during treatment with at least 1 prior therapeutic regimen (Phase 2) that contains a PD-1 or PD-L1 compound and/or a VEGF targeting agent, and a total of ≤ 4 prior therapeutic regimens.
- Must have measurable disease per the Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors version 1.1 (RECIST 1.1)
- Is of age ≥ 18 years
- Has an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group performance status of 0-2
- Has a life expectancy of ≥ 3 months
- Has adequate organ function
- Known symptomatic brain metastases requiring >10 mg/day of prednisone (or its equivalent). Patients with previously diagnosed brain metastases are eligible if they have completed their treatment, have recovered from the acute effects of radiation therapy or surgery prior to the start of NKT2152 treatment, fulfill the above steroid requirement for these metastases, and are neurologically stable based on central nervous system imaging ≥4 weeks after CNS-directed treatment.
- Has a pulse oximetry reading less than 92% at screening, requires intermittent supplemental oxygen, or requires chronic supplemental oxygen.
- History of another malignancy except for the following: adequately treated local basal cell or squamous carcinoma of the skin, in situ cervical cancer, adequately treated papillary noninvasive bladder cancer, other adequately treated Stage 1 or stage 2 cancers currently in complete remission, or any other cancer that has been in complete remission for ≥2 years
- Has failed to recover from the effects of prior anticancer therapy to baseline level or grade 1 severity (except for alopecia) per National Cancer Institute (NCI) Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events (CTCAE); patients with treatable adverse effects such as hypothyroidism or hypertension may be enrolled if the adverse effect is controlled with treatment
- Has any other clinically significant cardiac, respiratory, or other medical or psychiatric condition that might interfere with participation in the trial or interfere with the interpretation of trial results
- Has received prior treatment with a HIF2α inhibitor
Join this Trial
Contact our clinical trial navigators for opportunities that may be suitable for you
- UCLA Santa Monica
- UCLA Westwood