Open Actively Recruiting
Ureteral Stent Placement After Ureteroscopy for Renal Stones: A Randomized Controlled Trial
The rationale for this study is to determine if there is a difference in complications among patients undergoing ureteroscopy for renal stones who receive a stent compared to not receiving a stent postoperatively.
- nonobstructing renal stone 1.5cm total stone diameter (if multiple stones, then sum of maximum diameters) or less undergoing ureteroscopy
- age < 18 years
- pregnancy status
- ureteral stone
- preoperative hydronephrosis
- indwelling nephrostomy tube
- planning bilateral ureteroscopy or subsequent staged ureteroscopy
- solitary kidney or eGFR <60 mL/min (CKD stage 3 or greater)
- variant anatomy including horseshoe kidney, pelvic kidney, prior urinary tract reconstruction
Join this Trial
Contact our clinical trial navigators for opportunities that may be suitable for you
- UCLA Westwood
For detailed technical eligibility, visit ClinicalTrials.gov.