Medical Weight Loss Program
If you have a significant amount of weight to lose, trying to do it on your own can seem overwhelming.
At the UCLA Center for Obesity and METabolic (COMET) Health, we offer the expertise, support and education you need to get you back on the road to health. Our facilities are considered among best in the U.S., and our multidisciplinary team offers both surgical and nonsurgical options for weight loss. Our expert doctors and staff work with you to determine the best options for you and your unique health needs.
*Weight loss results can vary depending on the individual. There is no guarantee of specific results. Read full disclaimer »
Weight Loss at UCLA
At COMET, our team includes experts from every medical specialty connected to obesity and weight loss. We all work together to design the safest, most effective individual treatment plan for you.
If bariatric surgery isn’t the best option for you, we offer additional supervised weight loss programs to help you reach your optimal weight and health goals. These programs feature:
- High success rates: Our patient satisfaction rates are over 95 percent thanks in part to our proven record for weight loss and our low complication and readmission rates.
- The latest surgical and nonsurgical weight loss treatments: Our specialists are some of the top obesity researchers in the U.S., actively discovering and offering new obesity treatments.
- Leaders in nonsurgical weight loss: Our RFO Program was one of the first university programs to perform research and use very low calorie diets and prescription appetite-suppressants to treat severe obesity.
- Comprehensive care: For more than twenty-five years, our RFO Program has been helping patients lose weight without surgery through improved diet, physical activity, behavior modification and long-term support even after you reach your desired weight.
Nonsurgical Weight Management Services at UCLA
We offer successful, nonsurgical weight loss programs overseen by experts within our multidisciplinary team, including:
- Supervised weight loss program with a surgical dietitian:
For patients who need to lose weight before undergoing bariatric surgery.
- RFO Program: Medically-supervised multidisciplinary program offering personalized weight loss plans for patients who are obese or moderately overweight.
- Weight Loss Medications: Weight loss medications can be used together with a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity for chronic weight management in adults.