Applicants for residency in orthopaedic surgery will be selected via the National Resident Matching Program. All applications are handled through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The program does not accept "outside" the match without prior approval from the ACGME.
Apply at ERAS Here >
Salary & Benefits
Extensive information on residency salary and benefits can be found at the UCLA Graduate Medical Education website; medschool.ucla.edu/gme.
To be eligible to be a UCLA house officer, applicants must fulfill the following selection criteria:
- A graduate of an LCME accredited (Liaison Committee on Medical Education) medical school or Canadian accredited medical school or:
- A graduate of a college of osteopathic medicine in the United States accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- A U.S. citizen or possess a Permanent Resident Card or an appropriate educational visa.
- If a graduate of a medical school outside the United States, they must have a valid certificate from the ECFMG and have a Letter of Evaluation from the Medical Board of California indicating that they are eligible for resident selection, or a valid California medical license.
- Meet all State of California licensing requirements at the start of the appointment. Applicants who fail to meet State of California licensing requirements by the original contract start date of their training program will not be appointed.
In addition to your ERAS application, the following information is required:
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from your orthopaedic department chairman or program director if possible.
- MCAT scores are optional. If you wish to submit your MCAT scores, please email your MCAT score report to [email protected].
Sunday, October 9th
Friday, January 14: Session 1
Friday, January 21: Session 2
Interviews will be virtual. Invitations for interviews will be sent through Interview Broker. At that time, you will be asked to select your preferred interview date and we will make every effort to fulfill your request on a first-come-first-served basis.
Orthopaedic Surgery Education Office
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Room 76-143 CHS
10833 Le Conte Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90095
email: [email protected]