Applicants for residency in orthopaedic surgery will be selected via the National Resident Matching Program. All applications are handled through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The program does not accept "outside" the match without prior approval from the ACGME.
Salary & Benefits
Extensive information on residency salary and benefits can be found at the UCLA Graduate Medical Education website; GME Website.
- Institutional policies regarding eligibility for appointment can be found on the Policies and Procedures page in alphabetical order:
- Appointment Levels
- Drug Free Workplace
- Eligibility, Selection and Appointment
- International Medical Graduates
- Medical License
- Promotions and Renewal
- USMLE and COMLEX
- Resident Contract
- Benefits and Salaries
- The GME e-brochure and recruitment video
- Prospective Residents
To be eligible to be a UCLA house officer, applicants must fulfill the following selection criteria:
- A graduate of an LCME accredited (Liaison Committee on Medical Education) medical school or Canadian accredited medical school or:
- A graduate of a college of osteopathic medicine in the United States accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- A U.S. citizen or possess a Permanent Resident Card or an appropriate educational visa.
- If a graduate of a medical school outside the United States, they must have a valid certificate from the ECFMG and have a Letter of Evaluation from the Medical Board of California indicating that they are eligible for resident selection, or a valid California medical license.
- Meet all State of California licensing requirements at the start of the appointment. Applicants who fail to meet State of California licensing requirements by the original contract start date of their training program will not be appointed.
2023 UCLA Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program – Virtual Question and Answer Sessions
Current Residents (PGY1-5) will be on each session to answer questions and provide information about the program.
Saturday, December 2, 2023 @ 9AM PST
Thursday, December 7, 2023 @ 5:30PM PST
Please email Rebecca Reyes ( [email protected] ) for more information.
Follow us on Instagram @uclaortho
In addition to your ERAS application, the following information is required:
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from your orthopaedic department chairman or program director if possible.
Monday, October 9th
AOA/CORD Interview Offer Day: November 13, 2023
Friday, January 19, 2024
Friday, January 26, 2024
Interviews will be virtual. Invitations for interviews will be sent through Thalamus. At that time, you will be asked to select your preferred interview date and we will make every effort to fulfill your request on a first-come-first-served basis.
Email: [email protected]