Bone Biology Societies
You are encouraged to join appropriate professional societies.
American Society for Bone and Mineral Research (ASBMR)
2025 M Street NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20036-3309, USA
The mission of the ASBMR is to be the premier society in the field of bone and mineral metabolism through promoting excellence in bone and mineral research, fostering integration of clinical and basic science, and facilitating the translation of that science to health care and clinical practice.
Key objectives to achieve these goals include the nurturing and development of future generations of basic and clinical scientists, and the dissemination of new knowledge in bone and mineral metabolism. The ASBMR is proactive in shaping research and health policies based on scientific advances in the field.
ASBMR membership entitles each individual to sponsor one abstract to each ASBMR Meeting. Other membership privileges and benefits include:
- 12 issues of the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research (JBMR) (JBMR, impact factor: 6.832) (Print and Online Access)
- Access to the ASBMR Annual Meeting Abstracts (online)
- Discounted registration fees to ASBMR Meetings
- Online access to the Primer on the Metabolic Bone Diseases and Disorders of Mineral Metabolism
- Access to "members only" online content, including the member directory, career center listings, mentor matching program, and community area.
- Monthly e-news containing the latest Society news and current U.S. and international grant opportunities
- An effective voice for bone & mineral research advocacy
- Memberships in partnering organizations (National Coalition for Osteoporosis and Related Bone Diseases, FASEB, USBJD, Research! America, NIAMS Coalition)
- John Haddad Young Investigator
- Harold M. Frost Young Investigator Award
- Career Enhancement Award
- Young Investigator Awards for Ph.D. Training
- Junior Faculty Osteoporosis Research Awards
- Raisz-Drezner Journal of Bone and Mineral Research (JBMR) First Paper Awards
Descriptions of these awards can be found at - http://www.asbmr.org/Grants/Default.aspx
Orthopaedic Research Society
6300 North River Road, Suite 602, Rosemont, IL 60018-4237
Vision: To transform the future through unique global multidisciplinary collaborations, focusing on the increasingly complex challenges of orthopaedic patient treatment
Mission: To advance the global orthopaedic research agenda through excellence in research, education, collaboration, communication and advocacy
Goal: To be the world's leading forum for the dissemination of new musculoskeletal research findings
Active Members are elected to the Society based on previous scientific contributions and continued participation in the field of research. Active members pay annual dues of $220 which includes the following benefits:
- Prestige of membership and professional recognition
- Reduced registration fees at the ORS Annual Meeting
- CD-ROM of the Transactions of the Annual Meeting
- Subscription to the Journal of the Orthopaedic Research (12 issues annually)
- Free subscription to ORS Society Newsletter and E-News
- 24-hour access to the Online Membership Directory
- Discounted rate for the ORS Career Center - reduced fees for member career postings
- Eligibility for ORS Awards, Fellowship, and Grants
- Eligibility to serve on ORS committees, as a reviewer, and moderator
- Network of skilled professionals
- Membership certificate
Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES)
8201 Corporate Drive, Suite 1125 | Landover, MD 20785-2224
The Mission of the BMES is to build and support the biomedical engineering community, locally, nationally and internationally, with activities designed to communicate recent advances, discoveries, and inventions; promote education and professional development; and integrate the perspectives of the academic, medical, governmental, and business sectors.
- Biomedical engineers in academia and industry:
- Access to the latest information and research in the profession.
- A resource for new talent for companies and universities.
- Exposure to an expanding market through advertising and sponsorship opportunities with a fast-growing organization.
- Students, graduate students, and early-career professionals:
- Avenues for social activity and networking with undergraduates, graduates, and faculty through student chapters at more than 100 colleges and universities.
- Access to career professionals, job opportunities, and resources through BMES Career Connections, a members-only section of our website, and the chance to participate in Career Day at our annual meeting each fall.
- Special awards for both undergraduate and graduate students, including the chance to contribute one of more than 1,200 poster and 500 podium presentations.
- Pritzker Distinguished Lectureship
- BMES Distinguished Achievement Award
- BMES Distinguished Service Award
- The Rita Schaffer Young Investigator Award
- BMES Diversity Award
Information on these awards can be located at - http://bmes.org/awards
Tissue Engineering International & Regenerative Medicine Society (TERMIS)
223 Park Place, San Ramon, CA 94583
To accomplish its mission, the Society brings together the international community of persons engaged or interested in the field of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine and promotes education and research within the field of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine through regular meetings, publications and other forms of communication. The Society also serves as an international forum to promote the informed discussion of challenges and therapeutic benefits of the application of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine technologies.
Most importantly, the Society is committed to bringing you closer to key professionals to support your mutual understanding of the field, accelerate your research in the field and to enable you to contribute to the ultimate care of patients in this very important way. To affect this interchange of information, the Society has endorsed the journal, Tissue Engineering, as its official publication and has negotiated a reduced subscription rate for members of the TERMIS. In addition, the TERMIS publishes a quarterly newsletter for its members to keep them abreast of developments in the field. The TERMIS World Congress Meeting will be held every three years. In the interim years the Continental Chapters will host annual meetings to promote tissue engineering and regenerative medicine research regionally.