The UCLA Radiology Visiting Student Scholarship Program offers financial support for senior medical students on UCLA Radiology Clerkship Rotations who demonstrate an interest in fostering equity, diversity and inclusion in healthcare professions, and in advancing efforts to reduce healthcare inequities.
Scholarship Goals and Information:
- To guide and support senior medical students who plan to pursue a career in Radiology.
- To provide senior medical students with opportunities for exposure to UCLA Radiology.
- To provide funding to students who demonstrate and interest in fostering equity, diversity and inclusion and narrowing health disparities in imaging.
- Participation in this program guarantees an interview for our residency program. It does not guarantee a position for residency training.
- Five awards for up to $1,500 reimbursement for defraying costs related to travel and housing to participate in the UCLA Radiology Visiting Student Scholarship Program.
- Scholarship funds will be awarded following the first day of the rotation upon submission of appropriate expense-related receipts.
- Applicants must be senior-level medical students who plan to pursue a residency in diagnostic or interventional radiology
- Applicants must be in good standing at an accredited US Medical School and must meet VSLO requirements for the electives and must be available to rotate at UCLA from August to November.
Competitive Applicants will have demonstrated:
- Academic achievement demonstrated by transcripts and letters of recommendation included in VSLO application.
- Commitment to pursue a career in Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology.
- A commitment to address of health disparities, improving care in underserved populations and promoting equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Application cycle opens April 1, 2023
- Application deadline June 1, 2023
- Complete the VSLO application for the UCLA Radiology (number) Clerkship Elective. See the visiting student requirements for the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA >
- Complete the UCLA Radiology Visiting Elective Scholarship Award Application
Please contact the Clerkship Coordinator, Lara Gold, at [email protected].