The Mission of the UCLA-VA Multi-campus Fellowship Program in Geriatric Medicine is to train Internal Medicine and Family Medicine physicians to become outstanding geriatrics clinicians, educators and leaders.
The UCLA-VA Geriatric Medicine Fellowship is one of the most sought-after fellowships in geriatric medicine in the United States.
Clinical and Teaching Settings
We offer a broad range of clinical experiences to ensure our fellows are exposed to multiple facets of Geriatrics care. The breadth of our program creates well-rounded graduates who will succeed in the academic or community setting. Fellows rotate through three different healthcare systems and provide care in community nursing homes.
Clinical Training Pathways
Within our one year clinical fellowship, we offer three optional clinical training pathways for fellows with interest in:
- Inpatient Geriatrics
- Skilled Nursing Facility Care
- Home-based Care
Advanced Training Opportunities
We also offer additional options for training:
Fellowship Program Fast Facts
- Established in its current form in 1981, we are one of the oldest and most well-developed fellowship in the nation
- Located in Southern California, we continue to benefit from the region’s innovative, visionary culture, fantastic weather, and the Pacific Ocean
- We accept 11 fellows each year, making us one of the largest Geriatric Medicine Fellowships in the country.
- Fellows join our supportive alumni network of 200+ graduates found in academic institutions and clinical settings throughout the United States and the world.
- Our large fellowship class offers a creative and supportive community during your fellowship year
- All fellows are trained and mentored through year-long quality improvement projects
- Fellows can engage in research and scholarly projects with our large and distinguished research faculty who are part of the UCLA Multicampus Program in Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology.