Intensive Course in Geriatric Medicine & Board Review
We will be holding the course on September 22-25, 2021 in a virtual format. If you are interested in learning about updates about the dates and content of the next course please submit your name and e-mail to our interest list below.
The course will be held September 22-25, 2021.
To be notified when registration opens, please join our interest list.
Join Interest List
One of the longest-running courses of its kind, the UCLA Intensive Course in Geriatric Medicine is a four-day course and board review in geriatric medicine that emphasizes an evidence-based and functional approach to the comprehensive care of older adults. It is designed for health professionals who wish to enhance their ability to care for older adults, and for physicians who are preparing for the initial certification or re-certification examinations in Geriatric Medicine offered by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) and the American Board of Family Practice (ABFP).
- The 37th Annual UCLA Intensive Course is presented concurrently with the 2021 Intensive Course in Geriatric Pharmacy and Board Review, and participants may attend sessions in either course.
- Speaker presentations and supplementary materials are provided in a searchable and annotatable PDF syllabus.
- Over nine hours of optional interactive board review sessions are offered.
At the conclusion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the basic principles of geriatric medicine
- Apply principles of geriatric assessment, geriatric pharmacology, rehabilitation, and long-term care to the patient care setting
- Understand key aspects of neurology, cardiology, psychiatry, urology, pharmacology, and rheumatology as they apply to older patients
- Identify psychosocial problems and ethical issues in decision-making, and formulate an approach to these problems
- Comprehend the major geriatric syndromes such as incontinence, pain management, osteoporosis, and explain the appropriate geriatric medicine approaches to them