1. What is your application deadline?
The application deadline is November 1.
2. Can I apply to both the categorical and primary care track?
Yes. Applicants can apply for and be considered for both tracks. If you are applying to both tracks, you will need to interview on two separate days (one primary care day and one categorical day).
3. How many PGY-1 positions are in your program?
There are 66 PGY-1 positions
42 PGY-1 Categorical positions
12 Primary Care PGY-1 positions
4 Med-Peds PGY-1 positions
2 Physician-Scientist Training Program PGY-1 positions
6 Neurology Preliminary PGY-1 positions (reserved for UCLA Neurology Program)
4. Do you have a minimum USMLE score requirement?
We do not have a cut-off score. The expectation is that interviewed applicants will have passed the USMLE prior to starting in the program.
5. Do I need my USMLE Step 2 score before applying?
6. If I am an international medical school graduate can I still apply?
7. When are your interview dates?
We interview applicants to the Categorical Track on Mondays and Fridays in November, December and January. Applicants to the Primary Care Track interview on Tuesdays.
8. How has COVID-19 impacted the interview cycle?
All interviews during the 2020-2021 interview season will be conducted in a virtual setting in order to provide a safe and equitable process for all applicants, both from local and non-local institutions. We look forward to conveying the many opportunities available at UCLA and the dynamic culture our residents create through creative virtual experiences. We are always available for questions!
9. Can I submit more than 3 letters of recommendation?
All applicants must submit three letters of recommendations, one of which must be from the Chair of Medicine (or designee). We will accept an additional letter of recommendation up to the limit set by ERAS.
10. What is the salary and benefits for your housestaff?
For the most updated salaries, please visit our Graduate Medical Education webpage on housestaff salaries.
Resident benefits include but are not limited to the following: