1. What is your application deadline?
The application deadline is November 1.
2. Can I apply to both the categorical and primary care track?
Yes. Applicants can apply for and be considered for both tracks. If you are applying to both tracks, you will need to interview on two separate days (one primary care day and one categorical day).
3. How many PGY-1 positions are in your program?
There are 64 PGY-1 positions
44 PGY-1 Categorical positions
12 Primary Care PGY-1 positions
4 Med-Peds PGY-1 positions
2 Physician-Scientist Training Program PGY-1 positions
4 Neurology Preliminary PGY-1 positions (reserved for UCLA Neurology Program)
4. Do you have a minimum USMLE score requirement?
Given the large number of qualified applicants, the USMLE score may influence your likelihood of being granted an interview, but we do not use a score cut-off. The expectation is that interviewed applicants will have passed the USMLE.
5. Do I need my USMLE Step 2 score before applying?
6. If I am an international medical school graduate can I still apply?
7. When are your interview dates?
We interview applicants to the Categorical Track on Mondays and Fridays in October, November, December and January. Applicants to the Primary Care Track interview on Tuesdays.
8. Can I submit more than 3 letters of recommendation?
All applicants must submit three letters of recommendations, one of which must be from the Chair of Medicine (or designee). We will accept an additional letter of recommendation up to the limit set by ERAS.
9. What is the salary and benefits for your housestaff?
Resident benefits include but are not limited to the following: