Each year, thousands of patients travel to UCLA Health from countries near and far, seeking treatment from one of the world’s finest health care systems. Some come for advanced therapies, while others want our renowned doctors’ deep expertise.
No matter where you start your journey — or what brings you here — we offer our international patients an array of support services. We want to make UCLA Health and Southern California feel a little closer to home.
Our International Services: What They Are, How They Help You
Our patient coordinators help ensure your experience is a positive one. These UCLA employees offer both clinical and logistical support, helping guide you to the many medical and support resources offered at our world-class medical center. Our patient support services are free of charge.
Our clinical support services
Your patient coordinators will help:
- Organize your medical record reviews
- Explain and coordinate your payment options
- Schedule routine and specialist doctor appointments
- Schedule your comprehensive physical examination
- Manage doctor referrals
Our logistical support services
Our international support services team also helps guide you to resources that can make traveling for medical care easier. We can provide:
- Hotel or lodging assistance and recommendations
- Help with accommodations at our guest house, The Tiverton House, which is walking distance from Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
- Transportation assistance and recommendations
- Resources for banking, including information on how to open a U.S. bank account
- Assistance arranging private nursing and home health services
- Interpretation services
- Medical literature from UCLA Health on subjects of interest to you
- Assistance with religious requests
- Resources for childcare and local education
- Medical and financial documentation for visa applications
Learn more about the network of support services available to our international patients and visitors in this helpful resource list.
Translate Our Site
To view this site in another language, select a language below:
For information of our services in English, Chinese and Arabic, download PDF.