Welcome to UCLA! Navigating health care in an unfamiliar place can sometimes be confusing, but we make it easy. The international services team at UCLA Health is here to be a partner in your health and help you access our world-class medical care.
To help answer your questions about your patient journey at UCLA Health, please reach out to us by completing our online inquiry form.
Our Seamless Patient Registration Process
We make it easy for people from outside the United States to receive high-quality care. This visual explains your next steps to become a new patient at UCLA Health.
Step 1: Complete the registration form
The first step of the registration process is to fill out the form that applies to you:
- New patients: If you have never received care at UCLA Health, please fill out our new patient inquiry form. A member of our team will contact you.
- Returning patients: If you are already registered as a UCLA Health patient and would like to request follow-up care or a new appointment, please fill out our return patient inquiry form. You can also contact our office.
Step 2: Send us your medical records
After you submit your completed patient inquiry form, you will receive a confirmation message with a secure, encrypted link to upload your medical reports. Please include all medical records in English to help us speed the medical review process. We’ll use this information to match you with the specialist who can best address your concern. If you need to send anything separately, please contact us.
Step 3: Provide payment information
Next, we help you arrange payment for your care:
- Insurance or sponsorship: Please provide a copy of the front and back of your insurance card, a letter from your insurance company with details of your insurance plan or payment sponsorship details.
- Self-pay: Our International Finance Team will provide you with an estimate of charges based on your medical information and possible anticipated medical care. You will be asked to pay a deposit equal to the estimated charges.
Step 4: Schedule an appointment
Once we review your medical reports and all financial details have been arranged, our team will schedule your appointments. We make every effort to consider your preferred dates, for your convenience.
New and Returning Patients: Where You Go From Here
At UCLA Health, international patients benefit from our broad scope of medical expertise paired with special services to support you in your care. As a new or returning patient, you can expect:
- Advanced treatment options: At UCLA Health, our internationally known doctors strive to advance medical care. Many members of our team have played a role in developing exciting new therapies and treatments across several disciplines. From heart transplantation to novel cancer treatments, learn more about our areas of clinical expertise.
- A personal guide to care: When you come to UCLA, you’ll work with a team of international patient coordinators to identify helpful travel resources and navigate your treatment. Our personalized approach starts with your first contact with UCLA. Learn more about our international patient support services.
If you have any questions about the patient registration process, our patient services team is ready to help. Call +1 (310) 794-8759 between 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, or email us at [email protected].
Referring Patients to UCLA Health
If you are an organization or hospital and would like to benefit from our in-person or telemedicine services, please fill out our partner inquiry form.
Translate Our Site
To view this site in another language, select a language below:
For information of our services in English, Chinese and Arabic, download PDF.