On Nov. 2nd 2016, UCLA Health signed an agreement to advise R&F Properties in the development of a new, state-of-the-art, Western-style hospital in Guangzhou, China. This project focuses on bringing clinical excellence, superb patient experience, technology, and access to the region.
Highlights of Partnership
UCLA Health will serve as an international consultant for the development of a new Western-style hospital and health system in China. The hospital is independently owned and operated by R&F Properties.
- Agreement marks UCLA Health’s first significant venture into international hospital consulting that engages faculty and staff.
- With a planned ground area of 40,000 square meters, the hospital aims to provide world-class medical service to the region by operating in accordance with the standards of the Joint Commission International (JCI).
- The Western-style hospital will be a first for Guangzhou, which is one of the largest cities in China.
What we have achieved
- Over the past two years, more than 136 UCLA experts have been involved in the design and planning of this hospital.
- UCLA Health planning, design and construction experts have advised on architectural planning to ensure effective patient flow inside hospital.
- UCLA Health Human resources has been advising on talent acquisition.
Learn more about our International Services Consulting Programs.