Find your care
Whether your child is a patient with us or has a family member in the hospital, Child Life Specialists can help.
Call 310-267-9440 to learn more about Child Life Specialists at UCLA Health.
- Pre-hospitalization visits for children and their families
- Preparation for medical procedures, support during procedures and post-procedural medical play
- Therapeutic intervention-including music therapy and play to help children cope with issues related to their illness and medical care
- Consultation with caregivers, siblings and children of adult patients to enhance their understanding of the impact of illness on the child and family
- Supervision of playroom, Starlight Room/Teen Lounge and outpatient play areas
- Expert consultation for caregivers and medical team members regarding child development and related issues
- Special events that entertain and engage children and families
- Assistance in transitioning from hospital to home and/or school following an illness
- Coordination and supervision of the Family Resource Room