- Enter a PICC order in CareConnect. PICC orders should be generated by an MD, NP, or PA. Please specify catheter type, indication, duration, and sedation requirements.
- If you do not have access to CareConnect, please have ordering physician fax the order in addition to a recent H&P, medication list, and lab work to 424-259-7175.
- The physician's office or patient may call 424-259-7160 to schedule an appointment once the PICC has been ordered.
- Outpatient PICCs are primarily scheduled at UCLA Beach Imaging and Interventional Center. PICCs may be scheduled at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center as requested based on availability.
- If the patient is taking blood thinners such as Coumadin, Plavix, or Lovenox, please instruct them to stop these medications prior to the procedure for an appropriate period of time. If they are on Coumadin, they will also need to have blood levels checked prior to the procedure.
- Please instruct patients to arrive 30 minutes prior to scheduled appointment to check in for the procedure.
- UCLA Beach Imaging and Interventional Center-1919 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 300, Santa Monica, CA 90404. Free patient parking is provided.
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center-757 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095. Please have patient check-in at the Radiology Reception area, room 1501, located on the 1st floor behind the East elevators.
**Interventional Radiologists are also available at these locations to place alternative vascular access devices including ports and tunneled CVCs. Please contact the above phone numbers for assistance ordering and scheduling patients.