UCLA Health amasses 14 accolades at the 2023 eHealthcare Leadership Awards
In its 24th year, the eHealthcare Leadership Awards recognize outstanding websites, marketing efforts, and digital communications within the health care sector. More than 1,000 entries are submitted annually, representing diverse healthcare entities including hospitals, health systems, physician groups, health plans, online health organizations, pharmaceutical/medical equipment companies and beyond.
UCLA Health proudly garnered several eHealthcare Awards, securing the top award, the Mark Gothberg eHealthcare Organizational Commitment Award, three Platinum accolades, five Gold recognitions, three Silver awards and two Distinctions:
Mark Gothberg eHealthcare Organizational Commitment Award
Recognizes industry leadership, innovation and commitment. Entries are evaluated on an organization’s overall digital approach and strategy including web and mobile strategy, marketing, staffing, internal communications, and financial commitment. Most important, these organizations are judged by their results.
- Organizational Commitment Award: “Promoting well-being through access and awareness”
Best Provider Directory
- Platinum Award: “To match patients with providers UCLA Health uses proximity search, smart filtering options and star ratings”
Best Short Video
- Platinum Award: “Lifelong Dodgers fan turns unforgettable double play"
Best Digital Leadership in Health EDI
- Platinum Award: "The UCLA Health Homeless Healthcare Collaborative provides a wide range of health care services and resources to unhoused populations in Los Angeles County."
Best Email Content Series
- Gold Award: “Emails to new community members invite families to establish primary care with UCLA Health”
Best Rich Media
- Gold Award: “UCLA Health partners with TelevisaUnivision to bring accessible, educational health content to Spanish-speaking populations”
Best Digital Patient Experience
- Gold Award: "UCLA Health creates a separate scheduling triage for second opinion patients, enabling a better patient experience"
Best Digital Patient Experience
- Gold Award: “UCLA Health uses digital tools to shorten urgent care wait times and improve patient satisfaction ”
Best Internal Communications
- Gold Award: "Our digital campaign offers resources to support health care workers when dealing with workplace aggression"
Best Individual Email Content
- Silver Award: “Targeted, authoritative content helps raise awareness about nutrition and how food choices affect health ”
Best Social Media
- Silver Award: “Stand Up, Be Well, Be You: UCLA Health promotes inclusion for LGBTQ+ audiences on social media”
Best Digital Marketing Campaign
- Silver Award: "UCLA Health’s targeted campaign raises awareness about the lifesaving benefits of lung cancer screening"
Best Integrated Marketing Campaign
- Distinction Award: "UCLA Health’s “We Listen. We Care.” campaign expresses our commitment to patient safety and respect”
Best Infectious Disease Communications (COVID-19)
- Distinction Award: "Easy-to-read, authoritative content helps patients stay informed about COVID-19."
The eHealthcare Leadership Awards celebrate outstanding health websites and digital projects, recognizing how digital communication contributes to the goals of health care organizations. The recipients of the 2023 Annual eHealthcare Leadership Awards were revealed Nov. 5 at a ceremony held in Los Angeles as part of the Healthcare Internet Conference (HCIC).